RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know I might be thinking waaaaaay outside of the box here.. ..but couldnt you refund the cost of return shipping, so that he can afford to ship the items back to you, and once you receive them back you can refund the remainder (minus however much of the return shipping you're splitting the cost for or whatever)..??

..personally I wouldnt purchase anything from someone who has only been a forum member for a few months, but thats just me..
Good thought...

Hine sight is 20/20 looking back now. My concern was him having the parts and the money. Who’s to say he would not only keep the parts but money too? I dont know too many shops that would say... go ahead and keep the parts on your bike and I'll wait for you to pay me. I trusted he was honest and had money to pay for the parts -- only after I got a notice from paypal that this guy had no money to his account did he mention that the bars are bent, crying foul after he didn’t have money.

Again his personal finances are NOT MY PROBLEM. I am a hard working, middle class citizen who is tired of hearing the POOOOOOOOOOOR me attitude by people who claim to have nothing (while watching TV on there 60 inch plasma TV) waiting for their welfare check to come.

I learned my lesson in trying to deal with an individual who claims to have NO MONEY.

·
Registered
728 Posts
well this will be my last post in this thread as it is clear that im dealing with a person with limited vision....im a 36 yr old man with a wife of 19yrs and 4 children and one adopted child....never did i say i was poor, only that it would take me a paycheck to get his shipping money together cuz (short hand)i dont have money laying around...you should really start looking at yourself in the mirror to say your an adult and then turn around and make fun of another human being about spelling (ever hear of text type? its short hand) take shots and say im on welfare? are you seriously on a forum talking like this? it was my choice to have a big family and to adopt a child from a abusive family to give her a shot at a good life...yes i have to save a lil while to get the things that i want but in this world today who doesnt?
my initial post was only to let ppl (short hand again) know to make sure they take all precautions when dealing with you as i wish i had. i have not name called, made false accusations, or said anything untrue. that being said, i hope with this thread it has enlightened ppl (shorthand) and made it completely aware of what you buy from ppl on the internet..on a more grown-up note i will even remove his name from my sig as it is no longer an issue for me...ty for reading and hope to see you ALL out in the normal forum....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

·
Banned
1,884 Posts
If you haven't sent the bars back, you can't expect to have your money back.

Seems this could have been handled better from both sides.

If the bars had been straight (as represented) there would be no issue. It's like the "I thought the gun was unloaded" excuse while somebody's bleeding.

And PayPal sucks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
guys,

i don´t know what to worry about...MDP offered to take the parts back. what else can you expect as a buyer?? We Krauts here in Germany handle it that way, also ;-) and btw i ordered one bezel from MDP....got a lot pics from him upfront...made my decision and got the part 4 days!!! after oder...

would recommend that both fight this out on PM

best
ageage

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Had purchased Cobra powerpro 2 into 1 pipes from Moto Leather. They had them for $304 and some change. I paid through paypal. Got a call today they say they made a mistake on the web site and can not sell the pipe for the price posted.
i will never purchase from these guys again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1) Provide Details:
Purchased a set of rear passenger footpegs and brackets from DirtyD in his thread "2005 MS Part Out" for $50 shipped. Sent money at the end of October. Sent money 10-25-12 and got reply from him on 11-02-12 saying that he had been out of town and would drop them in the mail the following Monday which would have been 11-05-12. I sent a PM on the 14th asking if he put my parts in the mail. No reply.

I think a month is plenty long enough to drop small parts into a box or padded envelope and get them to someone. Thank GOD I'm only out $50 but I would caution others before dealing with DirtyD.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
1) Provide Details:
Purchased a set of rear passenger footpegs and brackets from DirtyD in his thread "2005 MS Part Out" for $50 shipped. Sent money at the end of October. Sent money 10-25-12 and got reply from him on 11-02-12 saying that he had been out of town and would drop them in the mail the following Monday which would have been 11-05-12. I sent a PM on the 14th asking if he put my parts in the mail. No reply.

I think a month is plenty long enough to drop small parts into a box or padded envelope and get them to someone. Thank GOD I'm only out $50 but I would caution others before dealing with DirtyD.
Couple things and Im not defending anyone but he has not been on the Forum since 11-6. He is in the National Guard and could be on an exercise. Those things do happen during times of conflict and most times there's barely time to get your personal things in order.

Second, if you did a Paypal transaction, I would enourage you to seek settlement that way if you feel you've been scammed, however unlikey that would be considering all of the other satisfied transactions with him.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Couple things and Im not defending anyone but he has not been on the Forum since 11-6. He is in the National Guard and could be on an exercise. Those things do happen during times of conflict and most times there's barely time to get your personal things in order.

Second, if you did a Paypal transaction, I would enourage you to seek settlement that way if you feel you've been scammed, however unlikey that would be considering all of the other satisfied transactions with him.
Nope, he required money order. I should have stopped there but I trusted him since there was such good feedback. I know he is with National Guard but if he had enough time to message the he would drop my parts in the mail in 2-3 days, he should have had enough time to PM that he had been called in.

Maybe something happened, I don't know. I'm not calling him a bad person. I'm not calling him out. I'm simply letting others know that I would NOT send any money his way until things get sorted out.

*UPDATE*
Apparently the pegs were lost in the mail or something. They arrived today with a ship date of 11/09. He shipped them as promised.

I wasn't calling him out or anything and I apologize for putting his name on this list. He kept his word and end of the transaction. He is good in my book and I would deal with him again.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Nope, he required money order. I should have stopped there but I trusted him since there was such good feedback. I know he is with National Guard but if he had enough time to message the he would drop my parts in the mail in 2-3 days, he should have had enough time to PM that he had been called in.

Maybe something happened, I don't know. I'm not calling him a bad person. I'm not calling him out. I'm simply letting others know that I would NOT send any money his way until things get sorted out.
Hi cubetop, I just want to throw my :2cents: in. I have dealt w DirtyD and the only time communication was slow one of his soldiers was injured and that took precedence (notifying the family etc.). It is very frustrating while you are waiting to get your parts and it is worse if you haven't heard anything from the seller. I found him to be honest and open and very apologetic about the delay. When you are in charge of a unit you don't always get the luxury of advanced notice for things that happen. I understand your position, but having dealt with him on several items, I think you will get your parts. Hopefully things work out quickly and to your satisfaction.
Chris

P.S. I sent a money order also

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I AM PISSED AT MOTOLUME!!! Eight days ago I ordered an integrated tail light. This afternoon I get an email: Here it is copied and pasted.

hello

we are out of stock of your part. your order has been cancelled, sorry for the inconvenience.

best regards,

customer service

:yell:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Best Buy did that w my wife's Iphone 5 order except they didn't even let us know that they had canceled they order. Thanks for the heads up, won't do business there!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wanted to buy a sissy bar... jordanlge AGREED to my offer of $150 then, after I transferred the money to PayPal the next day, jordangle sold it to the next guy that offered $10 more the next day. That's why the "PM Sent" post is acknowledged as a gentleman's agreement on this site until otherwise annotated. Get it together.

If anyone doubts my claim, I'll send you the entire PM trail.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts