RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
PARTSMONSTER.COM

Bad comunication and sent me the wrong wind screen twice after forgetting to send one for 3 weeks

Update: another two weeks after I sent back the second wrong one back he refunds my payment except shipping. Blamed his shipping person the first two times and now says he doesn't have what I ordered. So I paid three times for shipping and ended up with no shield............ :yell:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Race Tech "Authorized Center"

After completing my 636 front end swap on my '06 Z1000 I realized the fork springs needed to be upgraded. I searched this forum to get some info and then went to Race Tech's website for the additional info I needed. While browsing on their website, they had a section that offered locations for authorized centers that they recommend to have their products installed. I called one of these "centers" located in the Los Angeles area called Works Racing. Doug(owner) and I talked briefly and he gave me a ballpark amount and a turn around time of a week. I disasembled the forks and brought them down. My Z is used mainly as a commuter, since the traffic here sucks, as well as my truck gets about 11 miles to the gallon. I was prepared to suck it up for the next week. That was a month ago. The first week was wasted since the parts were supposidly on backorder. Maybe they were, so I wasn't too upset. Week 2 goes by after I called 3 different days, with no answer and no return call. I drive the 34 miles to his shop
the beginning of week 3 and I am upset. He wasn't there, but his young assistant was. The poor kid was very appoligetic, but didn't know anything. He called the owner, who told him that he was backlogged with engine rebuilds on a few jetskis he had. I said why would a suspension place be working on jetski engines? The assistant said that was his other business, called "On The Throttle Motorsports." He also said that he promised to have the suspension done by the nest evening. I had to work a 72 hour shift, so I wouldn't be able to come back until that Friday (the end of the 3rd week). I knew that gave him an extra couple of days and all would be good. Not so, I showed up that Friday ready to get my new forks. Turned out he couldn't get the springs off without a special Kawasaki tool that he didn't have. He "ordered" it from Kawasaki but had no idea when it was coming in. I wanted to take my stuff and leave, but he said the forks were all apart in the "tank" in back. I have no idea what parts are what and didn't want to take off and not get everything, so I agreed to leave them. I called back on July 3rd, to which I got a voice message saying the shop is closed from June 28 to July 9.
I am going down there on Monday and picking up my forks no matter what. I don't even care if I leave stuff now. I checked the BBB at the suggestion of my wife, and even thought "Works Racing" wasn't on there, his other business, "On The Throttle Motorsports" was. No surprise it had a "F" rating. He had 3 complaints that were never answered. I am driving the extra mile down to Race Tech's Location to have them install the springs, and also to tell them of the experience I had with their recommended "center". :yell:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I recently bought an "undamaged" radiator side cover from a place on ebay called southforkauctions and it was all gauged up and needed paint. I planned on painting it anyway so its not a big deal but if I was going to buy a damaged one I would have paid less. I would not reccomend them .

·
Registered
104 Posts
I attempted to purchase a ZX10 shock for my Z1000 from USEDSPORTBIKES.com on EBAY. The guy took my money and never shipped me the part. I searched on the internet and tracked him down at his home. I called every 10 minutes until he answered and he swore that he would refund my money, still has not happened. He blamed it on FEDEX, yeah right. Anyhow, I am glad that I used PAYPAL.com so I should my money back eventually, but avoid this guy at all costs. I would hate to see one of you guys get screwed like I did.:rant

·
Registered
87 Posts
EDIT: there was a mix up and flippo has been in contact with me about it. Ignore previous post

·
Registered
15 Posts
Claffix check your PMs please. I used the address on your paypal account which was evidently wrong. The package is at ups near you. I verified this through the tracking number I gave you, at UPSs site. I am waiting on UPS to contact me back about the address change. It was an odd but honest mix up, and I am deeply sorry about the delay and error. Thank you for your patience.
Nick

·
Registered
17 Posts
POWERBRONZE UK

I ORDERED SOME CARBON FIBER PARTS FROM THEM ON 11/08/07 SAID THERE WOULD BE A MANUFACTURING TIME OF 4 WEEKS. WELL I JUST GOT THE PARTS YESTERDAY ON 1/28/08 AFTER MULTIPLE EMAILS THEY JUST KEPT PUTTING ME OFF. I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS A REGULAR OCCURANCE OR I WAS JUST UNLUCKY. THE PIECES LOOK GOOD BUT DONT MATCH UP WELL WITH FACTORY HOLES. JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THE EXPERIANCE IF YOU DONT MIND WAITING FOR AWHILE AND BEING PUT OFF FOR NICE LOOKING CARBON FIBER THAT DOESNT MATCH UP WELL GO FOR IT.
IF NOT ORDER THE PARTS FROM A US DISTRIBUTOR THAT MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT HAVE IT IN STOCK.

·
Registered
76 Posts
RIDENOW.com

I will never ever buy anything from that place again.

1. Ordered set of shinko 005's
2. Got the front couple of days later(no packaging and still no rear).
3. I notice the front is the 003(which is wrong)..... still no rear.
4. 2 weeks later and several emails and calls to Ray, the rear arrives.
5. Still waiting for the correct front to arrive, UPS were supposed to pick up the old one but did not. Ray says he did order a pickup.
6. 3 weeks pass and they finally pick up the wrong front. Ray says he wont send me the correct front until he sees UPS has the tire. UPS got the tire april 17. He sent out new tire April 22. Still no front tire for me, more than 3 weeks later. When asked if I would get compensated for their mistake I was told that they "dont do that".

Beware of these guys, NO SERVICE AT ALL!!! Order was made march 31st. Is it really supposed to take this long?:yell:

·
Registered
301 Posts
9secondcivic
([email protected])

I got a hold of this guy when his 636 front end did not sell on ebay. I made an off ebay deal to buy his forks, calipers and master cylinder for $280 Shipped

I received the forks about a month after he said he shipped them, and continued to tell me has a tracking number but never got one. After recieving the forks the right seal is leaking horribly!! Called to tell him that he needs to reimburs me something as well as for the 636 front master cylinder that was not in the box. Told me he shipped out the master cylinder on 2 different occasions both times promising a tracking number. I called everyday to try to get a tracking number from him but hung up on me.

this is a peace of **** person sorry...but if he wasnt in washington I would kick his ***.

·
Registered
485 Posts
YOYODYNE

I bought "Racing Throttle - Quick turn adjustable throttle" several months ago. For some reason (not important), I need a replacement throttle tube (just a peice of an aluminum pipe 5" long) included in the kit (tube only, not cams!). At first, they refused to sell it at all. Then, after some complaining, they agreed to sell it for $109!!!!! Considering that the complete kit costs $139, I don't see how this tube can possibly costs almost 80% of the kit! That's pure RIP OFF!!!
My point is - be aware of buying something from this guys. If you'll need any spare parts they'll rip you off, or you'll have to pay for a complete product again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
9secondcivic
([email protected])

I got a hold of this guy when his 636 front end did not sell on ebay. I made an off ebay deal to buy his forks, calipers and master cylinder for $280 Shipped

I received the forks about a month after he said he shipped them, and continued to tell me has a tracking number but never got one. After recieving the forks the right seal is leaking horribly!! Called to tell him that he needs to reimburs me something as well as for the 636 front master cylinder that was not in the box. Told me he shipped out the master cylinder on 2 different occasions both times promising a tracking number. I called everyday to try to get a tracking number from him but hung up on me.

this is a peace of **** person sorry...but if he wasnt in washington I would kick his ***.
Funny story.

I bought the bike with no mention of the pissing front fork. Serves me right for not paying closer attention. :nono:

·
Registered
231 Posts
StreetZ vs. 636

StreetZ vs. 636... absolutly horrible!

I bought his 636 front end almost 2 months ago, he requested a money order which I sent out feb.10th to MS from PA. I sent him a tracking number via USPS which said it arrived 2/17/09. He claimed he never recieved it. I tracked down the post office in MS right near his house in which the post lady told me who delivered it and that they remembered doing so by placing it on his porch. Needless to say here I am almost 2 months later and StreetZ has disappeared! his PM box is full, I don't have his E-mail, and cant get in contact with him nor has he ever tried to contact me. Now I'm out 400$.

I did go through the post office and had the money order tracked, I just got a letter from USPS with a photocopy of my money order which was cashed on the 17th of March, with his signiture on it....

and thats where I am right now...It seems as though he has completely screwed me over.

·
Premium Member
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
StreetZ vs. 636... absolutly horrible!

I bought his 636 front end almost 2 months ago, he requested a money order which I sent out feb.10th to MS from PA. I sent him a tracking number via USPS which said it arrived 2/17/09. He claimed he never recieved it. I tracked down the post office in MS right near his house in which the post lady told me who delivered it and that they remembered doing so by placing it on his porch. Needless to say here I am almost 2 months later and StreetZ has disappeared! his PM box is full, I don't have his E-mail, and cant get in contact with him nor has he ever tried to contact me. Now I'm out 400$.

I did go through the post office and had the money order tracked, I just got a letter from USPS with a photocopy of my money order which was cashed on the 17th of March, with his signiture on it....

and thats where I am right now...It seems as though he has completely screwed me over.

No phone #? That sucks. I hope you get a hold of him. You may be able to find an email for him through google or something, especially since he may have a myspace page or something.

·
Registered
231 Posts
No phone #? That sucks. I hope you get a hold of him. You may be able to find an email for him through google or something, especially since he may have a myspace page or something.
I got a possible phone # off of another guy on the forums here, turned out it was one of StreetZ's buddies, I left him a message and of course never returned my call, but that was about a month ago. For all I know it could have actually been him on the phone and he just didn't want to deal with me...

If anyone has any info from previous dealings with StreetZ please let me know!

anything... e-mail, phone# etc., I really don't wana lose 400$ here. I know he did a part out alittle while ago so there was alot of people who dealt with him.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey Groovyone
call the police
give them ya details, and all that info from UPS
and lay charges on the *******

·
Registered
241 Posts
Extreme Graphic Moto Design

I ordered Signal Eliminators for Z1000 from them.
1. They said they would ship it next day. It took them 10 days to ship the signals + I had to call them twice to remind about it.
2. It clearly states on their web site, that the shipping for these signals is free. I got the email from them that confirms free shipping + at the time of order they said it's free. Still charged me for shipping!
3. When I placed the order I specifically asked whether the signals have 3 wires (running light). They said yes. I was very surprised when I received signals and saw 2 wires version. At first, I thought they sent me wrong signals by mistake. Called them again and the same guy tried to convince me that he never mentioned 3 wires signals and they only have 2 wires version.

When I asked him about shipping, he said that free shipping does not apply to signal eliminators...
I'm definitely not going to buy anything from these liars in the future!

Edit: After several emails they finally refunded shipping fee. BEWARE! Their argument is if it costs less than $150 they charge for shipping. Their website does not have this information, nor they mention it at the time you place an order!
well the good news is that i dont think they are in business anymore. the bad news is i dont think they are in business anymore, lol. they had those bad *** bellypans and flush mounts. they took forever on my shipping as well.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts