RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Real Bad Experience

before I owned my Z, I had ninja500R, ordered the Middle Panel from Streetfighterusa.com and they charged my card rightaway for Item and shipping plus tax, I got email confirmation of transaction then never heard from them again. 3 Months later I email them ask them whats going on and owner emailed back that he was sorry that Item was back ordered from UK, so I asked him when can I expect it and or refund, he responded "I should be receiving on this week and I'll ship rightaway." Needless to say I beleived him, 2 more months came and went and I called directly to speak to the person that was emailing me and he answered, asked what was up with this? he again appologized and said I'll call you back once I know more. Well another month went by and I wrote him (the owner) a letter with copy of receipt that they had charged 7 months earlier and threatened legal action because I had been charged for something that never received. I threaten him and reported to BBB for fraud and theft. He received letter 3 days later my phone was blowing up with his number and I finally got my credit back on my card after approximatly 8 months by this time I had already sold my 500 and bought my Z, I told the guy you took so long that I had already out grown my bike....
PS sorry about the long thread by I had to Vent :FIREdevil

·
Registered
421 Posts
i think the last 2 examples may be why streetfighters usa went out of business. they had a lot of trick stuff for bikes but for some reason the business did not work out. on craigslist here locally they were selling parts and bikes. if i had the money i would have snapped some stuff up.

here is a small writeup about them, this was the last bit of info i can find on them:

http://www.rideontv.com/episodes/2006Season/11011/index.html

they were a real creative shop and with a name like streetfighters usa, its too bad business didnt pan out.

·
Registered
327 Posts
CARPIMOTO
:ripped: :ripped: :ripped:
I just had a horrible experience dealing with Carlo Carpi at carpimoto. On December 12th I ordered two carbon fiber pieces for my Z1000 - which he said were in stock and ready to ship. I guess I should have known this experience was going to be bad when I asked him if he could do better on the shipping and he responded with "If you prefer to save money get the parts elsewhere". I paid the shipping and waited patiently until January 4th, then I asked when my parts would ship. He told me the parts were not clear coated properly and they would ship next week. On January 18th I asked again where my parts were, to which he responded: "carbon parts are not like a cellular phone" and "if you don't want to wait anymore, no problem I will cancell your payment without any problem Otherwise please be patient". On February 6th I asked again what was happening, to which he replied: "I have no problem either to refund, when order is made with card we just have to click over the bank web site". Everytime I asked a question about the status of my order he threatened to cancel the order instead of attempting to explain what was happening. So this time I took him up on the offer to refund my payment and ordered my carbon parts elsewhere. He responded "Order has been cancelled Refund has been done on the credit card account". Problem is I have no refund, to which he replied: "You will see the refund (which is not a refund but a write-off) after 30/40 days from the day we have processed it here It is as if you have never paid us, that's why is called a write-off". When I asked for proof of the refund, he replied: "There is not a receipt". When I paid him, the money was off my visa in less than an hour. So now visa has opened a case against carpimoto and I will get my money back through visa transaction insurance. Bottom line is he does not care if you order from him. He must have SO much money that your sales or any future sales do not matter. This is dangerous if you have an issue with your order, like in my case. I have dealt with many companies over seas and never had a problem. I will NEVER buy from carpimoto again and strongly urge anyone on this forum to consider another company if possible. :ripped: :ripped: :ripped:

·
Registered
705 Posts
I am having a bad experience with Ronrdrcr from this forum.
I purchased a camera mount from him for Christmas and am still waiting for the part.
Ron gave me all kind of excuses (part was too long, worked too much, even recognized his own apathy by having the part seating in his garage).
But he offered to send me the part and my money back because of the delay.
I answered that I only wanted the part.
3 weeks ago he said he will be mailing the part "tomorrow".
I am still waiting for it, and Ron is not even answering my PM's.

·
Registered
438 Posts
spotsluck99 is awful to deal with. We agreed on a price for his '01 GSXR and then 2 days later says he can't go that low , so I said let me know when you'll stick to your word. So then a little over a month later he messages me and says he'll sell it to me for the price he originally told me and he'd meet me in the middle. I said ok, I'll meet you here on this day and I haven't heard from him since. I've messaged him probably 10 times since then with no response. . . and it says they've all been read, too. He could at least have the decency to tell me the bike isn't available instead of blowing me off and leaving me hanging.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
:bling:

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is really surprising to me as I purchased a ton of parts from Spotluck and couldn't have been happier. He saved me tons of cash and his communication was excellent.

I not trying to stomp on your post, but felt I should tell my story. Everyone has a bad day. :AR15firin :2cents: :glassesti

krwyellowz28 said:
spotsluck99 is awful to deal with. We agreed on a price for his '01 GSXR and then 2 days later says he can't go that low , so I said let me know when you'll stick to your word. So then a little over a month later he messages me and says he'll sell it to me for the price he originally told me and he'd meet me in the middle. I said ok, I'll meet you here on this day and I haven't heard from him since. I've messaged him probably 10 times since then with no response. . . and it says they've all been read, too. He could at least have the decency to tell me the bike isn't available instead of blowing me off and leaving me hanging.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well, it's been more like a bad couple months if that's the case. :ripped:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Be Aware of DaveC.. !!

We should have traded seats. I shipped my seat to him 14 days ago, and he told me that he would ship his seat next day ! Never got the seat, and he never told me anything about the shipping! And of cause now he don't reply om my PM's ! DAMN !!! :ripped:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, now i need a new seat on ebay or something.. I have tryed to track him, but with no result. The only thing i can do now i write him a letter.. But i don't think he give a damn !

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Matthias said:
Yes, now i need a new seat on ebay or something.. I have tryed to track him, but with no result. The only thing i can do now i write him a letter.. But i don't think he give a damn !
It does suck to hear about crap like that but your probally right about finding yourself another seat. It does not sound like he'll stand up and do the right thing. :boxing:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
it does not happen very often here, we are fortunate to have some very good members. but it only takes one a$$hole to ruin a good thing.I have bought and sold several things here and have never had no issues.good luck

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I hope this turns into a positive for you in some way. :AR15firin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got scammed by a member?!!

Hopefully this guy is really ill or laid up in a hospital 'cause I hate to think someone on here is a piece of..... anyway http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=32389
I sent him the $ and he said he'd ship it out the following day (UPS 3 day) and send me an email with the tracking #. That was 4/8/2007. No answer to my pm's and no zx9 header :sadpace:

21 - 40 of 76 Posts