RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night the guy who helped me install my pipe and PCV wanted to out for a little ride to see how the bike was running after installing my PCV. He rides an 07 GSXR 750. We approached a pretty steep down hill that had several large speed bumps because it was a residential area. He has raced dirt bikes for several years so I'm assuming that experience helped him do this but he would approach the bumps at about 20 mph steady then hit his throttle as he went over them, it would launch his bike like 3 feet in the air over a distance of 8 feet or so. I found this amazing. He kept doing it for each of the speed bumps. Has anyone else ever witnessed, done this?

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I'm sure the residents who fought to get those speed bumps in place found it amusing. I've done that on my dual sport bikes since they have the suspension designed for that type of riding. I wouldn't beat on my 650R that way. I once tried it when doing a test ride of a new rear wheel drive sport car. Didn't buy it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
...he would approach the bumps at about 20 mph steady then hit his throttle as he went over them, it would launch his bike like 3 feet in the air over a distance of 8 feet or so.
i do that once in a while back when i was riding a dual-purpose.
not as high nor as far though, but yeah, was kinda fun doing it.
but only at a safe place with nary a traffic or pedestrian around.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
540 Posts
Enough of a wheelie to bring the front up and extreme muscle memory and weight transfer to push the front back down before it lands makes it LOOK like a bunny hop.

Per-say, technically it is not a bunny hop. I forget the technical "trick" term for it. Lunge hop or something. Bunnyhops require both wheels to take off at the same time. Possible on a pedal bike (point toes down, push against the pedals and lift the rear wheel with your hams while your also lifting the front). Not possible on a street bike.

This is from my trials experience. Used to ride lots of mountain bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts