RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I added Corbin And super bike handle bar, the bigger bumps have been throwing me out of saddle. I've posted on this topic before. Rear shock adjustments, too soft, too hard. I can never get it just right ! Is the stock shock just not good enough for the rider who rides over 5000 miles a year ? Maybe not. Well. now I really want to upgrade. The rear should be easy to do, but pricey. The front, which doesn't bother me as much as the rear, actually, may prove somewhat more difficult, but cheeper.

Love that PVC fix ! But, think I'd just do the progressive thing. Whataya think ? Any one else have a rear end problem ?:smilewink Your thoughts on this topic would be great. Guess I just like to think , the money I'll be spending is really worth something.

Tony.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Are you having trouble with the rebound or dampening? I'm 210 to 225 lbs. (depending if it's after a holiday season or not:) ) and the odometer is at 14800 mi. in 13 months. The rear suspension is still nice and crisp. I'm still running stock seat and stock bars.

One thing I learned is to do small adjustments at a time, and when I do an adjustment, I always start it back at zero. Sometimes this can be a real pain in the butt, but it's always worked for me.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, them's those. Rebound, I figger. Never really did figger that one out. If the preload is loaded, and I weigh 175, then, maybe, back off the rebound damping to el numero 2, yes ?

Ya know, I hate F'ing with stuff. If it aint broke , don't fix it.

Damn, is that why I keep flying off the bike every time I hit one of those mother sized bumps on these God forsaken Long Island roadways ?

Could be.

Yeahh, hummmm.

Ha, you should see my car. Got to love it though. Just keeps going, and going, and going.

Maybe I sorta see the bike that way too. But, maybe, it takes a little more TLC.

There. I said it. My bike needs TLC.

Day two. Tonight.....On a very special ZR-7.....Tony takes his bike for a ride.....Who returnes....tune in tonight....same Bat channel....same Bat station....

Whooow, Digression.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
tony i noticed that the rear seemed stiffer once i got my corbin. i had had it up one notch from stock setting. i put it back and it was ok.

the stock rear shock isn't too bad but the front end sucks. i did the pvc upgrade in the front and now it matches better to the rear.

i'd suggest you try stiffening the front and then playing with the back. i think progressives are the way to go for the front end but pvc takes less than a dollar and just an hour or two of your time. if you really like it step up to the progressives.

you can get the hyperpro front and back combo kit if you want to go all out but you'll probably need to special order it from europe since no one in the states seems to carry it.

scott :)

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I'm begining to think it's that little bit of extra weight, combined with the shift of body weight with the Corbin. Scott, you've confirmed this suspicion I've had. Thanks !

Know what ? I'm going to try the PVC ! and, back off rear setting.

Hey Andy ! Where's your right side view dude ? Whoa...did it blow off when you were at the drag strip ? :laugh: Hey, if you need, someone was selling some sort od ice cream flavored mirrors , Martin ? now now, you behave !:D

Tony

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Hey Tony,

Okay here is my right side point of view.

You are being bumped off the seat more now that you have the Corbin seat and Holeshot bars. That would make sense because you are not sitting as straight up as with the stock setup. You have less weight on your rear.

If you want your ride to be the same as when it was stock, just have the Corbin re-shaped like the stock seat and have the bars re-bent like the stock bars. Problem solved.

Andy

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Humm, that view MIRRORS another.:laugh: I forgot the word mirror, ha, silly me...Anyway....,
No no no no no no no, I won't go back, I won't, you can't make me. NOOOOOOOOOOO ! (Much kicking and screaming).

I like Scott's answer better ! You're just a plain old meanie Andy !

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i like cheap things that are easily reversible because there's low risk :) i hate spending coin and finding out it was a mistake.

andy is a meanie but he does have a point. i've seen people with crap setups on lots of things that they swear are great because they cost so much. SO, if you spent around $350 for new bars and seat and then paid EXTRA money to have them further modified you might trick youself into really liking them!

of course if you actually start observing and thinking this all goes down the drain ;)

scott

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Ah, yes.....3 Bros.......makers of fine exhaust canisters and mirrors.... in 3 classic flavors.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scott, you know, three Bro's. Larry, Curly, and Moe. They were a comedy team way back when, who invested their earning from comidic movies, to start up an exhaust muffler company. they named it Three Brothers rather than Three Stoogies, because they felt the word stooge would have a negitive conotation. Just a little history for you buddy.

Tony

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry bout that. Just blame Martin. It's all his fault !:D :

1 - 15 of 15 Posts