RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
That does not look too bad. Afterward, if you don't like it, you're not out a ton of money either. I am looking for summer riding gear, since temps are in the low 100's here during the summer. They do have other riding apparel too. I noticed that you receive a 5% discount when you sign up.

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
I have the Brosh jacket, and it's awesome in really hot, humid summer weather. I have the matching pants also. It doesn't offer the protection of a full cordura suit, but the comfort from the heat is a tradeoff I'm willing to accept. I did get the optional armor, which I'd recommend. Without the armor, the only protection is from abrasion with the Kevlar patches. The armor gives you some impact protection at the joints as well.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
hey jarel, the jacket looks really good and i plan to get one next year but what's the story with the pants? they looked really flimsy. what kind of protection do you think they'll offer? better than jeans? do they have any padding/armor?

thanks,
scott :)

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jarel did you but them off the net, or through a local distributor ?

What was the service like ?

:)

·
Gold Member
947 Posts
I am interested in the Brosh jackets how do they fit jarelj? On their web page they suggest ordering the same size as your t-shirt. If your T is large then order a large. Did you find this to be true?

Thanks

Wow this must be my fourth post tonight :eek: I'm so happy I could SPIT with a cager behind me. Stop take helmut off

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Cool.... it was 91 here today and about 99.99% humidity. I got in about 150 miles but I had to ditch the leather and go squid for the day, it was just to damn hot.

I was reading some of the testmonials on the Borsh site. Pretty impressive, seems like good protection. I just hope it fits my big ole body :rolleyes:

Hell, my leather doesen't even have armor, but it is the heavyest leather I have ever seen. When you take a 58 long you don't have lots of choices. I tried on the 3XL Joe Rocket Phinox and 3XL FirstGear Mesh Tex at Americade and they didn't come down to my waste at all.

I hope this fits now that it's on the way from the other side of the planet :cool: If it doesn't fit I can try the FirstGear in 4XL but it's a long shot.

DMAN IT!!!!... is all this MC stuff made for midgets???? I had the same problem with boots in size 13 wide!!! :yell:

Chris

·
Gold Member
947 Posts
I received my Brosh Cool K summer jacket XL last week.

Its light weight allows the air to pass through also has zippered vents on the forearms, back and under arms.

I ordered the CE certified armor for the arms,shoulder and back which I find to be great. I also find that it fits well no flaping while i ride.

At first I didn't like the look it has but rode with it feels good and realy does'nt look bad. I know it's not as joe cool as the joe rocket jacket but that's OK.

one more thing, I ordered the red and black but it's really light red/orange. i am going to email Brosh and see what they say. their picture on their web sitelooks red.

Let us know what you think Chris.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Which Tarrytown????

ARALR,

Which Tarrytown do you live in??? The one down by White Plains or the one just South West of Albany??? Figures NY would have 2 towns with the same name. I looked on it up on mapquest.com

I hope the bule is nice and dark to match my 2000 ZR and my blue and white Arai.

Chris

·
Gold Member
947 Posts
Chris

Good ole Tarrytown near White Plains Last exit before Tappan Zee bridge on route 87/287.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The jacket I'm wearing in my avatar is the Brosch jaket, the red color. (The jacked to me looks pretty much red, not really orangish. Or maybe a little... Sorta like Dorito bag red???)

Anyways, it has held up pretty well. I'm really picky with my stuff, and this is what I don't like about it...

I'm afraid that one of these times when I open a pocket it's going to rip. Just doesn't seem like it's that well reinforced. The velcro REALLY sticks good on it.

Actually, that's all I can think of! It looks great, I think. I like the armor. Thank God I haven't had a chance to try it out yet though.

But I like the styling and feel of the Joe Rocket jackets better, and am going to upgrade to one of those probably next year.

Overall, my rating of the jacket is 9/10.

Marek

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
marek_marasch said:
But I like the styling and feel of the Joe Rocket jackets better, and am going to upgrade to one of those probably next year.
Ya, the JoeRocket or FirstGear gackets are nice but WAY to small even in 3XL (to short in waist and arms). I have VERY wide shoulders so I hope this fits, Brosh seems to think it will.

Chris

1 - 20 of 28 Posts