RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a brand new 2000 ZR-7 three weeks ago. Other than the printed limits for engine break-in, does anyone have any tips, suggestions, or anything else that would be helpful during the first few months of ownership? I have many years riding experience, this is just the first time I've tried to be a part of a forum.

Thanks is advance.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Hey Max, welcome. Always good to see new names. It's pretty hard to go by the book during break-in. I tried to go by the book, but with a freeway commute, it's hard to do that and not get run down by some lipstick wielding, coffee drinking, paper reading, on the cell phone fool who's also on their way to work. But I'm up to 17,500 + miles with no complaints, so I guess I did an o.k. job of a break in. I was pretty faithful with the valve checks and oil/ filter changes too, and I'm sure that had alot to do with it. :cool:

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Hi Max,

Welcome to the forum. I got my ZR-7S about 4 months ago. It now has 2,300 miles on it.

Here are some tips.

1) Check the chain tension. Remove the sticky grease with WD-40.

2) Change the oil and filter at 500 miles.

3) Check the exhaust manifold nuts.

4) Check your tire pressure.

5) Adjust the cables both gas and clutch.

6) Adjust the idle mixture screws.

You can use the search function to find previous messages regarding the above tips.

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts