RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks awesome Kawa is building well but the competition (cb650) has USD forks and Kawasaki just isn’t getting the message that it’s falling behind. yes I know they perform admirably but that doesn’t factor into a first time buyers thinking very much when they see the two side by side
I understand the need to keep costs low for more competitive markets like Asia but sheesh.
The other thing I will say is they need to switch to a 270 degree crank like the MT07. Whilst the sound from mine is great in isolation it sounds toyish compared to the Yamaha

so it’s styledbetter than the cb but lacks the forks and it’s better than the Mt but lacks the sound

·
Registered
114 Posts

Updated LCD screen, plastics, passenger seat, tires, led headlights, same price.

Kawasaki's current styling that they are putting on everything is not my cup of tea.

Here with a slider to move:
I think the steeper front + pointy nose on the '19 looks better.

Looks like it lost the adjustable windscreen. I'm good with my '17.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm liking the new look. I don't really care about the dash that much. Unless it's upgraded to something that has full wireless Android Auto we all are going to have our phones on a mount anyways.

I am digging those new LED headlights though!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
It's a bit of a sheep in wolf's clothing. It look nice but the very ordinary outdated parallel twin puts out a measly 67hp compared to the CBR's 85hp, and that 70's pedestrian front end really limits the handling of the bike. If I had to choose between those two only - it would have to be the CBR.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's a bit of a sheep in wolf's clothing. It look nice but the very ordinary outdated parallel twin puts out a measly 67hp compared to the CBR's 85hp, and that 70's pedestrian front end really limits the handling of the bike. If I had to choose between those two only - it would have to be the CBR.
While I agree the CBR is a better bike but it also cost more, here in the States the difference is $1500 or something, at that price I would go for a z900 instead. Man I wish Kawasaki makes a Ninja 900.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Am I the only one around here that's okay with the Ninja 650's power? I have another higher powered bike, and frankly having to baby the throttle gets tedious after a while. The 650 has an enjoyable amount of power below 100 mph. I hit a hidden bump a few weeks ago on the other bike, and damn near popped a wheelie when the throttle got goosed. I am more more relaxed on the Ninja because the insane power just isn't there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Am I the only one around here that's okay with the Ninja 650's power? I have another higher powered bike, and frankly having to baby the throttle gets tedious after a while. The 650 has an enjoyable amount of power below 100 mph. I hit a hidden bump a few weeks ago on the other bike, and damn near popped a wheelie when the throttle got goosed. I am more more relaxed on the Ninja because the insane power just isn't there.
Well you said it yourself that you are fine with the power because you have another bike, for us who only have one bike a bit more power would be great.

Anyone here likes the new color dash? I think it's class leading for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
I had a first generation Ninja 650R for the last 12 years. It had plenty of power for me, a quick pass on a two-lane would easily wind up in triple-digits. But I generally ride with or slightly faster than traffic. Someone used to a supersport might find the 650 tame.

My new Ninja 400 also has plentiful power, perhaps it's lower weight is a factor in that, although I have to wind it up more to do so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I opted for the 2019 instead of the 20'. For one, I saved a bunch of money on the marked down 19. But I also liked the adjustable winscreen and smaller rear seat on the older one. And I liked the "Ninja" inscribed on the tank. That being said, I did like the headlights of the new one, however that nose cowl looks a little odd in person. And while the color display looks cool, I kinda still prefer an analog tach. I love this engine, had one in a 12' Versys.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think the 2017-2019 Ninja 650 was one of Kawasaki's bests designs. Not big on the new nose they've stuck on everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts