1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
EBC HH for the street.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Vesrah RJL cause my stock brakes don't stop nearly as hard as my old bike did.

Just kidding. I run stock cause im selling the bike in a few months and I'm too cheap to own great pads for only 3 months. I hear the vesrahs are awesome though.

·
Registered
703 Posts
EBC Double H. Nothing better.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I have finally put enough miles on a bike to replace brake pads. At 52,000 miles only one pad out of 6 was at the wear limit, but I went ahead and replaced all 6. That was on my Voyager 1700. I went with the EBC HH pads. They say it takes up to 250 miles of in town riding to fully bed them in.

·
Registered
334 Posts
+1 on the EBC HH sintered pads. I run stock pads in the rear, but the EBC HH in the front. Noticeable difference in braking (both feel and capability) with the HH pads compared to stock.

·
Registered
294 Posts
EBC HH, Galfer 1375 , Vesrah, RJL and carbone Lorraine(don't remeber the compound) between different bikes. All good so far. I think the Carbone Lorraine lasts the longest. But the EBC and galfer is the most value I think.

·
Banned
2,525 Posts
I have finally put enough miles on a bike to replace brake pads. At 52,000 miles only one pad out of 6 was at the wear limit, but I went ahead and replaced all 6. That was on my Voyager 1700. I went with the EBC HH pads. They say it takes up to 250 miles of in town riding to fully bed them in.
I had to replace mine at 12k... and they were probably 2mm under!

·
Registered
140 Posts
EBC HH for me, and I like them so much I sell them. In the UK only though.

The bikes standard brake set up feel like they lack stopping power but they're actually just lacking in feel because of the awful standard pads. Standard calipers with EBC HH pads offer more braking than anyone could need on a 650, road racers included!

·
Registered
141 Posts
EBC HH sinstered pads here too, even if your OEM pads have plenty of life in them I recommend making the switch now. Both from a performance and safety standpoint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts