RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not even sure if this is a real problem, but i'm pretty sure that the brake light is supposed to come on when you pull in the front brake...correct me if i am wrong. However, mine doesn't. It only comes on when the rear brake is applied? Anyone experiencing the same problem? I feel like i may have messed something up when i wired in my integrated taillights :confuse:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had the exact same problem as you when I bought my '07 a few weeks ago. It turned out that the 2 wires that go to the brake light switch had the connectors come off the switch.

Look under your master cylinder on you handlebar and you should see two wires that go into a switch. Pull the 2 connectors off the switch and reconnect them, making sure they push on nice and firm.

My brake light works perfect now!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Your brake light should light up regardless of which brake you apply, since it started happening after you installed the tail light then you should definitely re-check the connections, probably something is loose.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the exact same problem as you when I bought my '07 a few weeks ago. It turned out that the 2 wires that go to the brake light switch had the connectors come off the switch.

Look under your master cylinder on you handlebar and you should see two wires that go into a switch. Pull the 2 connectors off the switch and reconnect them, making sure they push on nice and firm.

My brake light works perfect now!
thank you that worked perfectly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts