RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 2009 (bought in 09) ninja 650 and since I've been riding for almost 3 years (19k miles) and I plan to change the break fluid in the next 2-3 weeks.
What do you guys recomend between Motul RBF600 and RBF660? The 660 seems a little better, but is almost twice the price.

Next season (2012) I plan to take my bike to the Loudon, NH track day few times...

Also, how much break fluid will I need to change front + back? Is a 1/2 liter bottle enough?

Thank you,
-- Dan

·
Registered
462 Posts
I can't make a recommendation on the Motul fluids you posted, but I can tell you that a 12 oz bottle of brake fluid is PLENTY to replace the brake fluid in my 2006 Ninja 650R (front and back). In fact, I think it only needs about 1/2 of the bottle for the job ( ~ 6 oz ).

·
Registered
999 Posts
Whatever you do, don't buy BREAK fluid - it won't work on your brakes. Beyond that, I don't think it will make a whole lot of difference which you choose unless you're actually racing. I've done track days using the same brake fluid as my street bikes with no problems.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Whatever you do, don't buy BREAK fluid - it won't work on your brakes. Beyond that, I don't think it will make a whole lot of difference which you choose unless you're actually racing. I've done track days using the same brake fluid as my street bikes with no problems.
Yeah i did that once and BROKE my brakes and that was just after the brake-in period. ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts