RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just purchased a full black widow exhaust system for a 2015 z 1000 is it a case of taking the standard system off and bolting the new one on or is there going to be problems with the 02 sensor cheers

·
Administrator
2,648 Posts
Hi I have just purchased a full black widow exhaust system for a 2015 z 1000 is it a case of taking the standard system off and bolting the new one on or is there going to be problems with the 02 sensor cheers
According to their website their systems have a Lambda (O2) sensor plug - Which implies that there is a fitting for the Lambda sensor on the pipes - so it's up to you if you want to run your O2 sensor or not. Unless you are doing some remapping and other mods, it might be better to just plug in the sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed a Black Widow system on my 650, and reinstalled my O2 sensor without any issues. No check engine lights or issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a black widow exhaust. There's no way I can get the sensor to reach. How did U reroute it? Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a black widow exhaust. There's no way I can get the sensor to reach. How did U reroute it? Thanks
I disconnected the sensor wire from the bike and connected it to the collector pipe on the new exhaust. That made sure there weren't any twists/kinks in the wire. I don't recall having any issues from there rerouting and connecting the cable back to the harness. I did remove a bunch of covers to get access to the wire. There should be enough slack bundled in the connection point to make it work.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you, I have got it eventually. It could be looser but it'll have to do. I undid a clip to give a bit more length. Strangely I didn't have any slack bundled up. Maybe Honda being frugal???
Thanks again :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts