RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Commander
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you seen the new BikeBandit.com site? They sell parts for most bikes (ZR-7 included). Ahhh..... you're thinking.... but so do hundreds of other online merchants......... Right! BUT!!!! They've provided a place for you to actually look up OEM parts using the factory schematic diagrams and will sell ANY OEM manufacturer part directly to you (rather than making you go to the dealer) at a discounted price! I was amazed!!! They have the entire ZR-7 factory parts diagram on the site, and you can buy any part on the bike, right down to the crankshaft, directly online! Every time I've needed a replacement factory part, I've had to call the dealer, have them order it, wait a week, call and ask if the part is in, wait another week, call again and find out it's in, then go 15 miles to the dealer to pick it up, and pay full retail price. I'm all over this BikeBandit thing! I e-mailed the owner to ask him about him putting a link on ZR-7.com.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Hey Jarel. Do you have to sign in as a memeber, or can you just enter and search ? What was the easiest way to find a specific part ? I could defiantly use several assorted bolts for those often removed side panels and tank mount. But I never bother to order them from a dealer because of the hassle. Maybe this would make the dealerships get their acts together, ya think? Naaaa.

Tony.

·
Silver Member
207 Posts
Jarel,

BikeBandit appears to have good prices on the parts they can look up, but don't carry ALL of the parts on the schematic. I did a lookup on a mirror for my '01 using the part number off of the Kawasaki site and they couldn't find it. When I sent an e-mail asking them to double check, they responded that the part had "apparently been discontinued". I would have saved a couple of bucks going through them on another part but ended up just ordering through a local dealer [a friendly, helpful one] so that it would all be one order.

That's just my experience, YMMV.

Craig

·
The Commander
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To find a part:

1) Go to www.bikebandit.com
2) From the list in the middle of the screen, choose "OEM Parts"
3) Choose your model year from the next list
4) Choose "Kawasaki" from the next list
5) Choose "ZR-7" from the next list

It will display all the categories for OEM parts they carry. Click on the category you want, and it will display the schematic diagram and part list w/prices.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Thank's.

·
Silver Member
479 Posts
Looks like the prices are exactly the same, my dealer offered. I compared prices on engine covers, gaskets, turn signals, footsteps. Good site. Now I don't need to call dealer to know the price.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Wow, blow-up diagrams. I love it ! You've just given me hours of online enjoyment.:smilewink . I can expect my right hand to fall off at the wrist now from all the clicking I'll be doing over the Winter ! That's ok, though, cause I've built up the muscles in my wrist twisting the throttle !:laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts