RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Long story short, my bike has been in storage since October of last year. I would like to take it out now that I'm back home (I spent most of the past year on the coast opposite of my home state). It has been on a battery tender, and had a full tank of gas with fuel stabilizer when I left.

Is the old gasoline going to cause problems? The battery is good, the bike starts right up. The oil was changed last September and I only took the bike out a few times after that, do I need to change the oil again now or should it still be ok? Anything else I need to do aside from adjusting and cleaning the chain?

The bike is a 2006 black/red 650R and was sheltered the entire time (not in a garage but not exposed to the elements aside from cold).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some purists will tell you to change the oil. Personally, I would not worry about it. Give the bike a good going over and ride! Check tire pressure.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, that was the other bit. The bike has been stored on a rear stand (see avatar) and hasn't been moved at all since putting it away. Think there'll be a problem with a flat spot on the front tire? Anything that can be done about that?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You will know when you start riding it if you have a flat spot on your tire. More important to check your tires for weather checking or cracks. You should be ok.
Good luck, Sourdough

·
Registered
586 Posts
your tires are probably fine...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts