RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentally posted this in the wrong forum, lets try this again.

So I was riding home from work earlier, not flogging it or anything and once I got on my street, the bike started acting like it was running out of gas. It was cutting out on what i believe was one cylinder. It would do it no matter the RPM and throttle position. Even when idling it will drop the rpms real quick and then come right back up. There is no pattern to it, sometimes going 5-10 seconds before stuttering, other times going longer or shorter. The only thing I can think of is that recently she has developed a bit of a rattle under the tank. Im thinking this might have something to do with it. Possibly a coil coming apart? As well, I do have a PC3. Is it possible that it is malfunctioning? What are the symptoms?

Bike is a 2003 z1000 with roughly 19,600 miles on it. I know she needs a valve adjustment and that will be done within the next couple of weeks. Other than that, she had her plugs changed and oil about 1000 miles ago. I should add that the FI light is not on.

Any help on where to look would be helpful. As well, assuming its a coil, any ideas for online sources of parts with fast delivery?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Sphinx

·
Registered
883 Posts
check yer coils. My bike was having the same type of issues and I just found out that my #3 coil was busted up on the inside. I could here it rattling around. They cost over 100 unless you can find one used somewhere. If thats the case let me know I will hopefully be buying a set off a guy here on the forums and i only need one out of the set.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AKSnowman, I will check the coils out in a few. I found a place online called Dillon Brothers that have them listed at 104 each.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts