RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I wonder if there's such a thing as bike loan. I'm kind of convinced that I should give him a bike for his coming birthday. Any low interest rate institutions you could suggest? BTW, this is big a surprise. I still don't know what to purchase for him.

·
Banned
2,525 Posts
Most dealerships can arrange financing for you. Depending on your credit ratings, it could range anywhere in terms of interest rates. In some cases 0% might be offered but you're still going to have to meet the credit and down payment requirements.

Most likely if you contact a few banks or credit unions in your area they will have loans eligible for motorcycles.

My first question is are you 100% certain this person wants a motorcycle? I mean, not just talking about it. I mean they've cleaned out a space in the garage and sit out looking at that empty space 3 hours a night wishing there was a motorcycle sitting there. Do they have their motorcycle license? Have they been through MSF training? Do they have motorcycling gear.

I personally wouldn't buy a motorcycle for someone. I would think of some other way of way to present it as a gift, and basically show support or whatever to them buying a motorcycle. You buy a bike, you're picking the model, you're picking the color, etc, and trust me those are choices any bike owner are going to want to be involved in. How about this, do a blindfold surprise and take them to the dealership (but you'd better know that you're taking them to the right dealership).

The only exception is if you know a specific make/model/color. LIke the person has 30 posters in the garage space of the same bike or something and you know they want some color.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Start by buying them some riding gear. (It can be returned). And pay for their MSF class.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So bikes are also included in auto loans. That's good news since the credit union near us has some pretty good auto loan rates. I have good credit rating too. I just have to check the requirements now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
lincy
RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum
Rider forum is a community for motorcyclists including both street and track riders. Come in and talk about your favorite model.
Full Forum Listing