RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I wonder if there's such a thing as bike loan. I'm kind of convinced that I should give him a bike for his coming birthday. Any low interest rate institutions you could suggest? BTW, this is big a surprise. I still don't know what to purchase for him.

·
Banned
2,525 Posts
Most dealerships can arrange financing for you. Depending on your credit ratings, it could range anywhere in terms of interest rates. In some cases 0% might be offered but you're still going to have to meet the credit and down payment requirements.

Most likely if you contact a few banks or credit unions in your area they will have loans eligible for motorcycles.

My first question is are you 100% certain this person wants a motorcycle? I mean, not just talking about it. I mean they've cleaned out a space in the garage and sit out looking at that empty space 3 hours a night wishing there was a motorcycle sitting there. Do they have their motorcycle license? Have they been through MSF training? Do they have motorcycling gear.

I personally wouldn't buy a motorcycle for someone. I would think of some other way of way to present it as a gift, and basically show support or whatever to them buying a motorcycle. You buy a bike, you're picking the model, you're picking the color, etc, and trust me those are choices any bike owner are going to want to be involved in. How about this, do a blindfold surprise and take them to the dealership (but you'd better know that you're taking them to the right dealership).

The only exception is if you know a specific make/model/color. LIke the person has 30 posters in the garage space of the same bike or something and you know they want some color.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Start by buying them some riding gear. (It can be returned). And pay for their MSF class.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So bikes are also included in auto loans. That's good news since the credit union near us has some pretty good auto loan rates. I have good credit rating too. I just have to check the requirements now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never heard about bike loans, and it sounds a little bit weird for me. Honestly, I think it's much better to buy the bike directly from the dealer rather than having a "loan" for it. In most of the cases, dealers have some doubtful offers for a loan program and that's why I would recommend you to have a loan from a third party company that will be able to offer you something better. Such companies as https://credit-10.com/se/mikrolan/ could offer you some really great loan options, and you will be able to buy the bike of your dreams. More than that, you will have to return the money in a determined period, it could be long or short period of time, depends on you, with a pleasant % of the loan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts