RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought this from Harbor Freight on Sale for $179 about 6 months ago and so far so good.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I bought this from Harbor Freight on Sale for $179 about 6 months ago and so far so good.

That seems like a good buy, and you can get your choice of wheels up when its on there? It bolts to the floor i guess. I'll look it up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They appear to do what he Kawawaki special part # lift does for the bike. Except that it is a scissor jack instead of using a lever arm.

Definitely looks like a two person job. since the bike will move when you leverage it up.
A friend of mine has a similar one that he uses on his Street Glide and it can be used by only one person. But since the harley engine doesn't hang below the frame, it seems easy to work. I like how you can lift the front or the back on the harley.

·
Registered
674 Posts
That seems like a good buy, and you can get your choice of wheels up when its on there? It bolts to the floor i guess. I'll look it up.
I had to buy a small scissor jack so I can support the bike under the engine, then the rear plate on the lift is removable to service the rear wheel or remove it, and you can position the scissor jack closer to the front to raise the front wheel, and service it. I bought the lift so I can work on the bike up in the air and not have to stoop over or squat. My "old body" can't take that anymore! You have to watch for a sale with Harbor Freight to get the lift at a lower price. I just got real lucky when I bought mine!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had to buy a small scissor jack so I can support the bike under the engine, then the rear plate on the lift is removable to service the rear wheel or remove it, and you can position the scissor jack closer to the front to raise the front wheel, and service it. I bought the lift so I can work on the bike up in the air and not have to stoop over or squat. My "old body" can't take that anymore! You have to watch for a sale with Harbor Freight to get the lift at a lower price. I just got real lucky when I bought mine!
Make sure you get your 20% off any one item coupon from the circular!

Jon

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Make sure you get your 20% off any one item coupon from the circular!

Jon
Or pick up the October issue of Roadbike which has an ad and coupon in it. Plus it is a good magazine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd be worried that the 'streak would collapse that structure like an empty cornflake packet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts