RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live with a few ppl. Somebody dropped my bike in the garage. No visible signs of damage, except when you look closely and see that the shifter is bent. My starter cover has got a scratch on it too. So angry, in 4 years I had never dropped my bike, looks like somebody else did it for me. No one is owning up to it yet...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ouch that sucks. I have problems with pedestrians passing closely by my bike for that same reason. I wound up getting an alarm with a proximity detector. When it's armed it starts yakking away till the passer by moves 4 feet away. It's funny to see people walk past it and raise their arms to gesture that they didn't touch it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I feel your pain. It happened to my then two-week old Yamaha back in 1993. Difference was, I only had one room mate, so I didn't need CSI to figure out who did it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hold them all hostage until someone confesses. If someone doesn't confess within an hour. Shoot them down one by one. One of them is sure to confess :p

Well it worked for me atleast

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with Lucid. Torture works great!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Throw a byob party, you stay sober, they get drunk, tongues get loose, you find out, you don't go to jail (if they are all old enough to drink alcohol that is). Just don't let them drive or ride til they sober.

Story like this reminds me of when my 4 kids were growing up. People would ask me how many kids I had. I would answer 5, give them their first names and end with "not me" since "not me" always did it.

·
Banned
679 Posts
It was me, sorry bro. I always wanted to know what it was like to ride a motorcycle; so I was sitting on it making engine noises with my mouth when I realized it actually weighs 400+ lbs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was me, sorry bro. I always wanted to know what it was like to ride a motorcycle so I was sitting on it making engine noises with my mouth when I realized it actually weighs 400 lbs.
Haha. Good humor man. I know, people think they can just move these things around even though they've never handled a bike before. Jeez. Anywho, thanks all, made me feel a little better. Now I gotta figure out how to bend that shifter back, or buy a new one.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Haha. Good humor man. I know, people think they can just move these things around even though they've never handled a bike before. Jeez. Anywho, thanks all, made me feel a little better. Now I gotta figure out how to bend that shifter back, or buy a new one.
Anytime bud; that's what I'm here for. Well that and giving everyone some one to hate. GL w/ the repairs.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i had to buy a shifter, was only like 35$ for the shifter and like 1$ for the rubber boot from my local KAWI dealer. Well worth it, better than a torqued one, it could cause shifting issues. If you do get a new one, use a q-tip with some vasaline to coat inside of rubber boot, it makes it very easy to put on the actual shifter

·
Registered
543 Posts
it happens. My Ninja saw the ground 3 times, NONE OF WHICH were due to rider error, I used to live in an apartment across from a Bar, and close to Downtown ..... Needless to say I have had someone "sit" on it and drop it. What really topped it off was they were kind enough to leave a note on the back OF THEIR BAR RECIEPT that said "OOPS, SORRY!" :mad:

Good luck with repairs!

·
Registered
291 Posts
...or some gently applied heat and percussive persuasion. Works like a champ for Kawi pot metal.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bent it back into place. Took it off and hammered it a couple times. Works perfectly fine now. The damage was luckily minimal. Not a scratch on the fairings, don't know how I got so lucky. My end bars and my peg are a little bruised up, that's all. Thanks for the advice though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts