RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Silver Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started the 1st week of jan. At 1st it was i'll be shipped tomorrow. then 2 wks later oh it'll be 2 wks more we had to make it. then it was 2 wks because we ran out of dark tint. then it was it'll be shipped next week. next wk went and then it was oh it'll ship early nxt wk. Well here we are nxt wk and still not shipped...so Today I CANCELED my order. This has been by far the worst company i have ever worked with. thanks for letting me vent.:mad:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
As I've already whined about in several other threads, I ordered a Corbin seat on December 28 and it's still not here! Eight weeks and counting! Oh yeah, they say it'll be here next week too.

Kelly

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
That's wild because I ordered my Corbin for my ZRX and even had a "nose job" done on it and it arrived within 2 weeks. Did you order it straight from Corbin? I did....that's odd that you haven't received it yet.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I ordered the Corbin through Power Sports Pro to get the good deal. And I ordered it with a matching backrest. Maybe the backrest is the holdup. I call them about once a week and they keep telling me "next week". They say that Corbin is backed up and running behind normal delivery times. Anyway, I can wait a little longer....

Kelly

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
It's definitely the backrest Kelly, we had the same phenomenon during the big group order. Everyone who ordered a backrest was delayed. If it's not too late to cancel the backrest order, I'll sell you mine. I don't need the backrest any longer since my wife only rides on the Magna now.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here is the scoop on Corbin--they are having cash-flow problems. As a result, they want the customer to order directly from them so that they are selling the seats at retail and not at dealer cost. I first tried to order my Corbin seat through a dealer friend of mine and Corbin would not even take the order. I ordered direct and had me seat in two weeks. I ended up sending the seat back because I was not pleased with the quality--but that's another story.

Bill, my dealer friend, said he is seeing this more and more. With the advent of the internet, manufacturers like Corbin, are relying less on their dealer network and more on direct sales.

That's the scoop and that's my story and I am stick'n to it!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Jarel,

How much do you want for the back rest? My daughter keeps asking for one...

Philip

·
Registered
660 Posts
I care boxsky.

The sad truth is we are a very small group and most manufactures are just not going to care. ZG is probably hoping for more orders to accumulate until it is worth making a production run. Either that or for a slow period when they are not doing anything else.

Unless the item is used on a more popular bike we will always has problems getting accessories.

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
Not so fast, we have a lot more power than you might think. If we band together behind a push to get a manufacturer to provide products, we can have success. For those of you who weren't around last year, that's the sole reason that Corbin offers a seat for the ZR-7. One member (Chris Mundell) took the initiative to get everyone calling and e-mailing Corbin requesting a seat option for the ZR-7, and within a month they had one on the drawing board. We can do it again. If there is legitimate demand for a product, any manufacturer will respond. If it's one guy bitching at them, they don't have much incentive to respond (although I think promising a product and then not delivering is a poor business practice). So if there are several of you 7S guys who would buy the ZG screen if it were available, get together and go to them as a group. It's your best odds.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I dont know how your thread turned into a Corbin trashing session, but I got my ZG clear touring screen yesterday. Sorry you gave up on them. I ordered it Jan 23, so it took a little over a month. Put it on last night. Had a little problem at first getting the screws to line up perfect. But it fits and looks good (just wish they put a little tint at bottom to hide the view of the back inst cluster). I put on a little stick-on tint. Too cold to test it out yet.

·
Registered
660 Posts
So if there are several of you 7S guys who would buy the ZG screen if it were available, get together and go to them as a group.
Exactly. Manufacturer hate doing one off items. They need to make a number of an item in order to cover set up costs. This is why Corbin was willing to make all those seats last year and probably why ZG is taking so long on the double-bubble. What that treshold is will vary from one manufacturer to another but if I really wanted something I would find out from the maker what that threshold is and then work on selling the product here. Once enough are on board the manufacturer will act.

·
Gold Member/Community Dad
5,742 Posts
Boxsky,

I agree with you completely about cancelling the order. If they would have just come out and said it's going to be delayed instead of giving ya' the Southside shuffle a few times then you might still be a customer. But they may not realize they lost a few future customers that read these posts. Did you order directly from ZG or someone else? So we know who's jammin you here!

Berto

·
Registered
57 Posts
zrman said:
I dont know how your thread turned into a Corbin trashing session, but I got my ZG clear touring screen yesterday. Sorry you gave up on them. I ordered it Jan 23, so it took a little over a month. Put it on last night. Had a little problem at first getting the screws to line up perfect. But it fits and looks good (just wish they put a little tint at bottom to hide the view of the back inst cluster). I put on a little stick-on tint. Too cold to test it out yet.
My experience exactly - took a little over a month to get my clear ZG touring shield. You need to transfer two little grommet thingies over from the stock shield, and work it around a little until the new one fits right.

I used a little black Krylon sprayed onto the inside bottom area to hide "the instrument gap".

·
Silver Member
207 Posts
So tell me, will synthetic oil really harm the performance of my muffler bearings and cannuter valves? :D

BTW...I ordered a clear sport touring winsheild from ZG two weeks ago....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts