RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for reputable options for a flash tune for my 2018 650. I also saw the pcv with autotune and I'm considering it. But autotune & pvc is much more expensive and I've seen the pcv still being lean when bikes are dyno tuned so not sure I want that.

·
American Legion Rider
175 Posts
Is this what you were considering? Yes, it's expensive but it might be worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
If at all possible, you want to have someone reflash your ecu. The power commander is very limited in its abilities. It's only able to deal with fuel changes. It was fine back when that's all we had , but it's not much in modern times.

Modern bikes have power restrictions, fuel cut, and many other issues. Until you eliminate those issues, you could have perfect fueling and your bike won't be as good as it can be.

I have no experience with this guy...even at that, he will flash the bike for 200.00. You would be miles ahead doing this as opposed to a power commander and autotune.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If at all possible, you want to have someone reflash your ecu. The power commander is very limited in its abilities. It's only able to deal with fuel changes. It was fine back when that's all we had , but it's not much in modern times.

Modern bikes have power restrictions, fuel cut, and many other issues. Until you eliminate those issues, you could have perfect fueling and your bike won't be as good as it can be.

I have no experience with this guy...even at that, he will flash the bike for 200.00. You would be miles ahead doing this as opposed to a power commander and autotune.

That's what I'm thinking too. Especially considering his video showing the secondary throttle plate chart almost never lets the bike be at 100% WOT. Wasn't sure if Moore is the go-to guy for ninja 650 tunes or if someone else has recommendations

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this what you were considering? Yes, it's expensive but it might be worth it in the long run.

I've seen quite a few bike dyno runs where a PCV (power commander) is installed and the bike still runs lean. I think I'm going to opt out of a PCV for that reason plus its over 3x the cost of a ecu flash tune if you include the autotune lol

·
American Legion Rider
175 Posts
For some reason I thought that one gave you the ability to make additional changes so you could richen things up some. I must be thinking of something else.

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
The real, non California approved power commander can be adjusted to where your bike isn't lean...that's no problem.

However, it doesn't address the other things that are wrong with the stock programming.

It's a waste of time to have a perfectly fueled bike when the throttle blades won't open 100%, and it has fuel cut?

Power Commander won't fix that. The device, itself, is obsolete. It's all we had, in 2005, but not now.

It's like having 4 flat tires on your car. I stop by and fix 1 tire. I'm sure you would appreciate that, but overall, I haven't fixed the total problem and you won't be ok until the other 3 are addressed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The real, non California approved power commander can be adjusted to where your bike isn't lean...that's no problem.

However, it doesn't address the other things that are wrong with the stock programming.

It's a waste of time to have a perfectly fueled bike when the throttle blades won't open 100%, and it has fuel cut?

Power Commander won't fix that. The device, itself, is obsolete. It's all we had, in 2005, but not now.

It's like having 4 flat tires on your car. I stop by and fix 1 tire. I'm sure you would appreciate that, but overall, I haven't fixed the total problem and you won't be ok until the other 3 are addressed.
So what do you recommend ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So who is the best option for a tune? Only place I've seen for 17+ Ninja 650 is Moore Mafia

·
Zero Tolerance
2,779 Posts
So what do you recommend ?
RC stated in the third post here that he would recommend an ECU flash. It seems that Ivan's doesn't do the Ninja 650 ECUs and that Moore Mafia is probably the only choice.

In the vid Moore says that the bike has a PC but the majority of the gains were made in the flashing of the ECU, so it might be possible to have the ECU flashed and have the fuelling/power gains without the extra cost of the PC.

Reactions: za2ch2
1 - 10 of 10 Posts