RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Zed Heads,

I thought I'd post up a couple pics of my new Kwaka...I just picked her up about 2 weeks ago. It's a 2008 Kawasaki Concours-14, and I absolutely love it! I know, I know...it's big, and bulky, and NOT naked, but I gotta tell ya, this thing effin' rails!!...lol. It pulls like a locomotive, even riding 2-up, and it handles like a Ninja, no joke!

It came with a V&H CS1 exhaust and PCIII usb already installed. Besides those two items, and a Throttlemeister, she's bone stock. The previous owner was obviously having some fun with her as the suspension is dialed in nice and tight and it has a fairly new set of Pilot Power 2CT's on it. It feels big and heavy when you're stopped, or in parking lots, but once you get rolling, it feels as light as a 400 lb liter bike.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I'm still going to have a Z1000 parked right beside it. The Z1000 is one of those motorcycles I just cannot be without...I absolutely adore them, in every sense!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice ride!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Very nice. If I was older and looking for a more comfort ride and do more touring this would for sure be the bike for me.

Congrats on the new ride man, rubber side down!

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
Yes they are very nice. I rode one this summer and was going to buy it until I found a used FJR1300 that was quite a bit cheaper. Congrats.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Dats purty!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, very nice bike! Looks brand new!!

I bet it tours very nice!
Thanks guys!

The bike, as far as being "used" is concerned, is in fantastic condition. It has a couple little paint chips and nicks in the front fender, etc, just from road debris, etc. Other than that, it was very well maintained. I was really pleased with it as I had purchased it online (sort-of...lol).

Some things have changed the past couple years....first of all, many of my buddies have either sold their bikes, or simply don't have time to ride anymore. Secondly, my wife is wanting to come with me more and more, so the big C-14 seemed like a logical choice.

I have a set of Oxford Heaterz heated grips on the way for it, and a set of Baker Hand Wings, so I plan on riding this baby late into the season...lol. We're actually planning on doing one of the Iron-Butt rides in 2011, so stay tuned for details...lol.

PS: Stay tuned for pics of my other bike....lol. Just after I bought this one, a deal came up on an 07 Z1000 that I just couldn't refuse...lol.

·
Registered
969 Posts
PS: Stay tuned for pics of my other bike....lol. Just after I bought this one, a deal came up on an 07 Z1000 that I just couldn't refuse...lol.
Dang is this going to be #3 or are you just replacing the Blue Beast?

I would love to have a Concourse if I had the money. I actually saw a guy on a C-14 at my last adventure on the Gap and he was flyin'. They are actually faster than our bikes stock :wtf:(in a straight line)

Looking forward to more pictures of that thing...Safe riding

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang is this going to be #3 or are you just replacing the Blue Beast?
Oh Gawd, no...

The blue 06 is currently for sale. That's why I stripped all the goodies off of it and sold them separately. Buying the Concours-14 was a plan since last year....I just finally decided recently to part with the money...lol.

I had always planned to keep the 06 Z1000 for my "play" bike. Then, a deal came up on an 07 that I just couldn't refuse, so now I'm trying to get rid of the blue 06.

My next Kawi will be something like a KLR650, then I'll have a perfectly rounded package in the garage...hahaha.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sweet bike! Good to know you're still hanging on to at least one z also! May want to keep both for a bit to see which z you like better and sell the other.

How does it compare to the z acceleration-wise?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh yeh!! I think you strip her down and there might be a shaft drive, 1400cc "Z" waiting under there! :eek:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeh!! I think you strip her down and there might be a shaft drive, 1400cc "Z" waiting under there! :eek:
Hey Zot, nice bike!!...That looks exactly the same as mine...lol. Is yours an ABS model? Mine is not.

Is that a Cee Bailey windshield?

I believe I see a throttlemeister as well?...lol.

I'm loving my C-14 so far!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I agree with everything said on this bike. Last month I went to San Francisco with the wife and since she had a couple days of solid work to do, I rented a C-14 and went for a ride up Highway 1 the first day, stayed in Willits, and went inland all through the Napa Valley the second day.

This bike is everything they say in the magazines - fastest thing on the planet with hard bags, and pulls like a freight train. I had a great time flicking this bike around the twisties on highway 1. It moves around a lot better than you'd think. Only time you get a sense of its weight is when braking.

Loved the electric windshield, just wish it was a couple inches higher then it would push the wind right up over your head on the highway. Speaking of highway, this bike loves to cruise at 90 mph! I couldn't handle that on my Z for any length of time.

It was 4 hours into riding before I actually found a nice spot to see what this bike was all about in a straight. Rolling hard into it in 1st gear lifted the front tire with ease - I had to back it off a bit, then hammered into 2nd gear and it lifted the wheel again. Ain't supposed to do that kind of thing on a heavy bike like this, but this one doesn't have any problems with it with over 100 ft. lbs of torque!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This bike is everything they say in the magazines - fastest thing on the planet with hard bags, and pulls like a freight train. I had a great time flicking this bike around the twisties on highway 1. It moves around a lot better than you'd think. Only time you get a sense of its weight is when braking.
I only have about 600 miles on mine so far, but I have to say it is an amazing machine. It does feel heavy getting started and moving around when parking and such, but once you're rolling, it handles and flicks like a sportbike!...Even riding 2-up with the wife on the back, the C-14 just doesn't care.

It has been a bit weird getting used to not having the full force of the wind on my body to judge my speed (like on my Z1000)...lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is pretty much my next step, what a coicidence that we have the same color Z, I guess you lost thefeeling of Z easy riding , light and compact. you are right , size does matter..

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is pretty much my next step, what a coicidence that we have the same color Z, I guess you lost thefeeling of Z easy riding , light and compact.
Haha, no didn't lose the feeling of the Z at all....in fact, I'm buying another one...lol. Had an 07 Z all picked out but the deal fell thru...poop!! I'll find another tho, no worries. I love them too much to be without one.

As for the big Concours-14....I love it. For the longer hauls, with the wife on the back, this is just what the doctor ordered....lol, so far, we love it!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts