RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a weeks time I picked up my bike back from Bazzaz Performance this morning with a free Z-fi unit and a custom map for my Akra full system. So far I'm very happy with the smoothness of the power delivery and throttle response. They also took my stock header so that they can build a map for slipons in general. They used FMF slipons for the test. I was told that my Z shud feature in their website soon.

Saved at least 600 bucks on a PC V with a custom map. Thanks to Bazzaz, nice guys to work with. I will soon post the dyno graph.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Hey Raj, you mentioned the Bazzazz in your pm the other day.. but since you have a thread on it now.

It would be super cool if you just explained what it does. I checked it out but I'm a bit of a wrench-tard. It basically cuts the need for a PC by providing a custom map for your bike right?

cheers (I've already ordered the PC5) not in yet neither is my full akro.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Raj, you mentioned the Bazzazz in your pm the other day.. but since you have a thread on it now.

It would be super cool if you just explained what it does. I checked it out but I'm a bit of a wrench-tard. It basically cuts the need for a PC by providing a custom map for your bike right?

It's similar to a PCV, but it controls all 8 injectors instead of just 4 on the PC.

Bazzaz also offers TC and QS if you want. They have pre-made maps you can load, or you can have it dyno-tuned if you want. They also offer a "Self-Mapping" unit if you want to do that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hey buddy, I'm new to Bazzaz as well and have no prior experience with PCs. I have used Tuneboy for my Speed Triple though, so I have some idea about the fundamentals.

I saw this video to learn some basic advantages for Bazzaz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6s_MA4OyXs

But a free module was the primary reason for me to get the Bazzaz. I don't know how well or bad PC V would have performed over Bazzaz. But Bazzaz has exceeded my expectation and the system has made my ride very smooth.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Hey buddy, I'm new to Bazzaz as well and have no prior experience with PCs. I have used Tuneboy for my Speed Triple though, so I have some idea about the fundamentals.

I saw this video to learn some basic advantages for Bazzaz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6s_MA4OyXs

But a free module was the primary reason for me to get the Bazzaz. I don't know how well or bad PC V would have performed over Bazzaz. But Bazzaz has exceeded my expectation and the system has made my ride very smooth.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
that totally helps!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the Dyno graph comparing my full system Akra and FMF slipon with stock headers.

I was told their Dyno with SAE correction reads 10% less than Dynojet Dyno. I'm planning to put the bike on a Dynojet dyno and compare the numbers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you running the stock air box and air filter or have you opened it up or put in an after market air filter such as BMC etc.?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Could you elaborate more about the suggestion of staying with stock air filter. I'm currently mulling over my choices of upgrades. It's really limited when it comes to full systems. I'm about to give up and just go with slip ons and some after market ecu and an auto tune system. I would realy like to get that extra Hp and torque though. My closest tuning shop is 200 miles away, unless I want to take it to a dealership. I don't trust just some average dealer mechanic to make a map. If I'm gonna spend the money I want a performance race shop to do it. Thing that pisses me off is there is 4 Harley performance shops within 45 miles. Isn't Harley and performance an oxymoron kind of similar to millitary intelligence? Appreciate your input. I'm assuming Bazzaz will have your map available before long. I checked today and they didn't have a map available for the full system on their site yet. Which Akra system do you have the single pipe or double. I'm torn, I like the dual pipe look but an extra $600 for more weight and less performance is kinda crazy I guess.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could you elaborate more about the suggestion of staying with stock air filter...
Aftermarket "hi-flow" "performance" air filters do not filter as well and protect your engine as well as the stock air filter does.

The performance gain you get back for this sacrifice in engine protection is essentially 0; nothing...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think I'm gonna go with this same set up. Full Akra and Bazzaz z-fi. Do you have the autotune as well? Does your current set up have any dead spots?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
thread bump. Raj did you ever do this?

"I was told their Dyno with SAE correction reads 10% less than Dynojet Dyno. I'm planning to put the bike on a Dynojet dyno and compare the numbers. "

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
What's up with that power curve? Did he only run it to 8k? Hard to beleive it drops to half of the hp at 10k versus 8k.
That's the torque curve. Looks like HP peaks at 10,200

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oh, I'm an idiot. I knew better than that. Your dyno actually makes me feel better about my bike. That torque curve sure jumps around a lot, and it helps explain the inconsistent power delivery that I feel.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Does this bike have an OBD 2 diagnostic port with which you can upload new map?
No. I don't think any Japanese bike has one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts