RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a battery tender and I have a question. It comes with both the clamps and the circles that I can screw onto the battery.

Does it actually matter which end I use?

·
Registered
170 Posts
The spade connectors should come attached to a quick disconnect for a more 'semi-permanent' install. They're more secure.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
And once installed you can leave the pigtail where you can plug in quickly after a ride and unplug quickly. Your battery might last years longer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought a battery tender and I have a question. It comes with both the clamps and the circles that I can screw onto the battery.

Does it actually matter which end I use?
Hey I am new to this forum and have a question about the electrical/battery on my 2007 650R. I left the key in the on position all day yesterday and killed the battery. I tried to jump it using a car battery when i got home after disconnecting the bike battery. I can't get anything to work on the bike at all? I charged the bike battery on the trickle charge all night and still get nothing when i turn the key to the on position. any ideas? thanks

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
Fuses?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i checked the one by the battery marked IG. it was good along with a couple others. i didn't check the ones that were labeled horn, etc. they were good.

·
Registered
543 Posts
+1 If you tried to jump with a Car, there is a chance that a Fuse went. I'd check that.

As for the tender leads, they are AWESOME! I have them on both mine and my GF's bike, they make using the tender effortless (don't know about you guys, but if I can just plug it in I'm MUCH MORE LIKELY to actually do it!) I ran mine from the battery and Zip-Tied it to the frame right behind the right side rearset so it's hidden when I'm not using it.

...that and compared to a cost of a new battery, 35(ish) bucks is CHEAP!!

Shameless Product Placement....lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes i've reconnected the battery. i had the battery tested at the local autostore and it had like 87% charge. are there any more fuses than the ones located right next to the battery?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Just to be sure, check the engine on/off switch on the right handlebar. I've had a couple of moments of panic when I had accidently bumped this switch to the off position.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Miller, look in your manual and find the main fuse. Usually it's just off the positive cable. Check that. Should be a larger amp fuse than the rest. Don't ask how I know. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Miller, look in your manual and find the main fuse. Usually it's just off the positive cable. Check that. Should be a larger amp fuse than the rest. Don't ask how I know. :)
Id also recomend checking the main fuse/fuseable link, esp if your not getting power to anything

·
Registered
705 Posts
Main fuse in is box with a triangular cover accesable from the left side of the bike, leave seat on and look just underneath it where the frame is.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah that's a smart idea.. I really need to just install the quick disconnect on my battery too since I just bought one not too long ago.

·
Registered
507 Posts
As for the tender leads, they are AWESOME! I have them on both mine and my GF's bike, they make using the tender effortless (don't know about you guys, but if I can just plug it in I'm MUCH MORE LIKELY to actually do it!)

Another advantage to the battery tender leads/quick connect is that electric vests can often be plugged into the battery tender leads.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Another advantage to the battery tender leads/quick connect is that electric vests can often be plugged into the battery tender leads.
I never knew that...very cool

1 - 17 of 17 Posts