1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

As u might know, i have a z250 Abs 2020
I wanna change the battery, the original battery is 9ah
Can i use w-standard 14ah lithium battery?
Size is the same but i dunno if alternator can charge 14ah or not? Or if 14ah batt is kinda harmful?

·
Super Moderator
2,518 Posts
Wstandard part number of that batt i want is:

WEX3R14-MF
I can't see a problem, as your alternator will continue to produce the same output and your regulator/rectifier will control the charging. The Ah is the amps available per hour that the battery provides.

My little 250 had a 7 Ah battery, which I replaced with a 9Ah. Starting was better and lights were brighter at idle. Not as big a jump as you are proposing, but two years later, no electrical problems.

Why the reason for the 14Ah? Are you running a lot of accessories?

Maybe some of the other members can chime in with some advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't see a problem, as your alternator will continue to produce the same output and your regulator/rectifier will control the charging. The Ah is the amps available per hour that the battery provides.

My little 250 had a 7 Ah battery, which I replaced with a 9Ah. Starting was better and lights were brighter at idle. Not as big a jump as you are proposing, but two years later, no electrical problems.

Why the reason for the 14Ah? Are you running a lot of accessories?

Maybe some of the other members can chime in with some advice.
thanks,

Reason is that you know, there are some limits in Iran :D
Only wstandard i can find here is this 14ah :D

Why i want to buy lithium batt? Because with normal batteries here, morning starts sometimes go hard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts