RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here in Canada, I received a recall notice for my 09 Bandit 1250. I have the touring model (same as any other Bandit, but comes with hard luggage)
It seems the bike is a hazard to the rider and other road users as the side reflectors on the rear end of the bike are obscured by the side cases. I am all about safety, so I took my bike to the dealer to have the situation corrected.
After an hour at the dealer, here is Suzuki's fix. They also relocated the existing reflectors from the licence plate bracket to a location just below the rear part of the seat to be visible when the cases are off. (in my case, never)
After I got home, I ripped the newly installed reflectors off and tossed them.
I am wondering if there was a similar recall elsewhere in the world or if this is just a Transport Canada recall.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
The US doesn't have the option to get it with bags installed so there wouldn't be a recall here. I've never really understood how they think a tiny reflective piece on the side of a vehicle makes it any safer. I have morons almost running me off the road in broad daylight with all the lights on. Maybe you're supposed to pull it off and throw it at the guy and hope it cracks his windshield.

·
Registered
16 Posts
first thing i did when i got my 08 bandit home was to remove those dam stickers. 2nd thing was to remove those stupid reflectors front and back. the recall is just a canada thing from what i have read.

·
Registered
16 Posts
well i guess i spoke to soon. i just recieved my recall notice for the reflectors. it only applies if you have the baggage. so i guess it's a suzuki thing not just canada.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i guess i spoke to soon. i just recieved my recall notice for the reflectors. it only applies if you have the baggage. so i guess it's a suzuki thing not just canada.

I wonder if they use the same ugly stick on reflectors in the US.

Jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reflectors? Must be a different recall or specific to Canada. There's currently a major recall in the U.S. due to electrical problems. Click here to view more details about the recall

I'm currently in the process of purchasing a 2009 Bandit 1250SA, but the dealership can't release it until the component(s) is fixed. It's truly frustrating, but this is THE bike I want to ride and I'm willing to wait to feel safer.

* On a side note, the $1000 Suzuki manufacture discount came in handy. I was able to purchase the bike for less than the MSRP before the discount was a applied, so big savings. It ends March 31, 2011, in case this post is viewed by potential buyers.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
your right. But always leave a rear reflector on your bike, dont ask why.
The US doesn't have the option to get it with bags installed so there wouldn't be a recall here. I've never really understood how they think a tiny reflective piece on the side of a vehicle makes it any safer. I have morons almost running me off the road in broad daylight with all the lights on. Maybe you're supposed to pull it off and throw it at the guy and hope it cracks his windshield.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah i did the same as most do right when i got mine, the mirrors, stickers an reflectors came off for a cleaner look i watch out for the ppl not doing it you just got to be more aware of the ppl around you some reflector isnt gunna save you.. well unless your like me wearing all black on a blacked out bike haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts