RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a thought as I was trying to dig the stupid stuck tractor out of the dang mud.

Anyone interested in me looking into designing a spacer to possibly tweak the intake's performance for the streak? It would be much cheaper than a full BadA$$ Intake? I don't have any of the three and would need to lay hands on them for proper R&D. Paul could also take measurements/examine the configuration of the covers and possibly make custom covers of your design for them.

I've got two sets of pipes now for testing. One set was Sean's V&H Big Shots.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
That's a banner idea! If you could take my existing setup (Chuckster) and improve it by elongating the intake, and get it anywhere close to the performance of the BAI, I'm in. Can I just pull the base plate and trace the pattern, along with accurate dimensions?

Re:Cadman. The Cadman mod keeps the OEM bases and crossover, plugs the intake hole at the top of the left side, and adds 2-9" filters with chrome covers. Not sure trying to space that is going to make sense. It the cheapest intake mod there is.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would be interested in what you come up with for the Cadmann. Maybe if it even just replaces the base for an easier seal of the 9" filters.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The advantage seems would be that you could use the filter that you've already paid for. Same goes for the filter housing/assembly regardless of which one you have. It may be possible to come up with a performance-oriented design that could be universal across all three of the listed intakes. If it could be done that means if you have say a Caddman now and decide to get a Chuckster or BAK down the road it would still work. But I could only know for sure if I can somehow manage to get ahold of all 3.

·
Registered
905 Posts
i might me interested in that as well. getting tired of the caddman look nothing wrong with it im just ready for something else. an idea i had was somehow modify the air horn for a semi to fit throttle bodies. that way each throttle body port has it own horn each with its own specific length to maximize the air coming in. kind of like the spike intake but 2 seperate chambers. might be a dumb idea but just a thought that went through my melon.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i might me interested in that as well. getting tired of the caddman look nothing wrong with it im just ready for something else. an idea i had was somehow modify the air horn for a semi to fit throttle bodies. that way each throttle body port has it own horn each with its own specific length to maximize the air coming in. kind of like the spike intake but 2 seperate chambers. might be a dumb idea but just a thought that went through my melon.
That's actually part of Diamond Jim's design, the properly sized and shaped intake to work optimally for our bikes.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
The advantage seems would be that you could use the filter that you've already paid for. Same goes for the filter housing/assembly regardless of which one you have. It may be possible to come up with a performance-oriented design that could be universal across all three of the listed intakes. If it could be done that means if you have say a Caddman now and decide to get a Chuckster or BAK down the road it would still work. But I could only know for sure if I can somehow manage to get ahold of all 3.
With the Caddman, you would have to include a spacer between the right baseplate and the crossover tube. You're really going to have to see an un-modified bike. I've got a set of OEM back plates you can have for the project. IMO, I really think the OEM back plates aren't designed for optimum air flow. Once you see them, I think you'll understand. For those who don't want to spend as much on a BAK, I'd highly recommend purchasing and pairing a Chuckster with with a BadA$$ Intake Spacer. The Chuckster is really reasonable and comes with a K&N and chrome cover.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
They actually produce that design. Its only for Hardleys or Customs.
They look bad too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts