RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 MS with cobra speedsters with an fi 2000. I took the baffles out and it is pretty loud, but doesn't have that deep, low sound. So my questions are: Will cutting my baffles in half give me a happy medium? Do I have to make any adjustments to my fi2000 if I run without or alter the baffles? Does anyone have the cobra speedster exhaust and cut down their baffles? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
If it were a really short pipe then it might need an adjustment but you should be ok. Is it an all metal baffle or are they the type with some wrapped fiberglass on them? If only metal then trimming them should add some noise, same goes for removing some fiberglass if it has that. As for the exact tone it will have thats a bit more of a shot in the dark, should be somewhere between the two though.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an all metal baffle about 12 inches long. The ends are rounded to fit snug in the pipes. I wonder if I cut them in half, will they be loose and rattle?

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
if you have access to a welder or someone that can weld for you, cut about 6 inches out of the middle, then weld them back together. that is what we did to my husbands bike and mine. if you dont keep the larger ends on both sides of the baffle, they will shake and rattle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts