RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BadA$$ Intake is now available for the Mean Streak (2002-2007). This intake is available with and without the throttle body spacer.

$349 + shipping with the spacer.
$299 + shipping without the spacer.
Estimated lead time is 5 weeks.

Model pictured below is with spacer. For the model without the spacer, the back plate is flat, without the recessed area, and bolts directly to the throttle body.

The BadA$$ Intake was a concept designed by me and manufactured by Fuller Precision, Inc., to my specific requirements. I designed this intake in order to have a product that fulfilled my desire for both performance and aesthetics for my Mean Streak. This was a personal project that I pursued without intent to make or sell intakes, but rather to have something that I could not obtain in the marketplace. Requests have since been made to me by forum members about how they could obtain a BadA$$ Intake. Paul Fuller, Jr. of Fuller Precision, Inc. has been gracious enough to fulfill these requests.

His contact information is:

Paul Fuller, Jr.
Fuller Precision, Inc.
1155 County Road 1354
Vinemont, AL 35179
(256) 739-4962
Email: [email protected]

You can also communicate with me, Russell Rodgers. I will assist and help within my abilities. Please communicate with me through this forum via private messaging. You can also email me but I get a lot of email spam and may accidentally overlook an email message from an address that I do not recognize.

I am not promoting this intake. Nor am I receiving any funds from any sales. That is my desire that I expressed to Paul. I am simply helping out fellow riders who may wish to have one of these intakes while also helping my dear friend have the opportunity to direct his talents towards his passion for motorcycles and their owners.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I should be able to place an order within the next couple of weeks. Already got a local chrome shop waiting to see and chrome it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is there a price difference for custom engraving ?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Due to the interest in this intake, I have decided to get on the forum and answer some questions. Please feel free to contact me via email anytime you like, please don't blow up my phone, I have a heavy enough call volume with my industrial customers. Our website is operational at the moment but not complete, Fuller Precision, Inc. | Vinemont, Alabama | 256.739.9462 will be complete in about 2 weeks.

1. Yes we can do engraving.
2. We can do just about anything you can think of, but remember the more elobrate = more time = more $$
3. This intake or a variation of your preference will be available, almost anytime. Lead time may vary due work volume.
4. Pricing may vary slightly due material prices fluctuations over time.
5.IMO the price is not outrageous considering you get a custom piece for close to same price as the cookie cutter stuff out there.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
First of all...
Welcome to the forum Paul and thank you for being willing to open up your shop to produce these intakes for us.

Secondly: About the cost. $349 is actually a very good price for what you are getting. I don't know who read all of what Diamond Jim posted about this intake but it has been researched to death by him on his own time to maximize the available power in a compact size. I understand the theory behind what he did but the actual mathematics behind it are beyond me. I am definitely not swimming in money and cannot afford to buy this at this time BUT :moon: I personally feel that this is a bargain at this price and I plan to start designing my personal cover plate so that by the time the design is ready I will have saved the money to buy one and get it dyno'ed. I understand that the hope was that this might somehow be substantially cheaper than the other big air kits on the market but with the level of work that went into the conceptualization and then the custom machining that Paul is going to be doing in his shop in between the jobs that put food on his table then you start to realize what a bargain $349 really is. This is not a one size fits all kit with an adapter that screws onto our bikes, it was designed with only our bikes in mind for maximum gains. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
112 Posts
IMO the price is not outrageous considering you get a custom piece for close to same price as the cookie cutter stuff out there.
Never said the price was outrageous, but I'm just a ways away from affording it, considering at minimum you'd need something like a PCIII to Techlusion TFI, which adds another $200- $300 to the cost, and that's not including a trip to your nearest dyno.

The cost is definitely fair considering the quality and design of the intake, but it's just out of reach of those of us with limited budgets.
I only wish I had some money to jump on this deal. Who knows though. Maybe this next year I can make it a reality.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Never said the price was outrageous, but I'm just a ways away from affording it, considering at minimum you'd need something like a PCIII to Techlusion TFI, which adds another $200- $300 to the cost, and that's not including a trip to your nearest dyno.
Not picking on you because I am in the same boat, I will have to wait and save money. I will use that time to design my cover piece. No matter which intake improvement you make you will still need a PC III or it's equivalent. If you use a known set up you could download someone else's map to get close but since all the bikes are a little different then dyno time will still be the best way to get maximum gains for your individual bike. I am definitely excited about the availability of this intake since I have not yet invested in a big air kit, I will just have to exercise patience (not my strong suit) and maybe convince the wife that this would be an appropriate anniversary present??? LOL

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Probably the best customer scenario for the BadA$$ Intake is someone who already has aftermarket pipes and a fuel processor. The other would be someone whose bike is completely stock and wants a better flowing intake and different look than stock. But once you combine the intake with aftermarket pipes then a fuel processor is a must. I know this is common knowledge but I'm just throwing it out there.

Common sense says that if you want to make a product with the intent of earning a profit in order to sustain your operation, you don't make a product for such a specific, narrow customer base as is the case with the BadA$$ Intake. That is simply bad business. Instead you opt for a product with a broad application across a large customer base. I guess that is one of the main reasons why I applaud Paul for taking on this endeavor. And the fact that he is open to creating just about anything you want.

After spring break is over and things start to quiet down, I will start the PC III custom tune portion of the project. Although I love the way the bike rides now, I'm still running the hypercharger tune. Rod, at Rod's Performance - Dyno Proven Performance, a Dynojet approved tuning center, will get me set up nicely and I'll post results.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have an '08 meanstreak. Will it not work for it?
The models are the same across all years of streaks. When I looked at the microfiche to compare each model's part #s, the fiche didn't include the 2008 model. So I couldn't say for 110% certainty without the part #s to back it up. But I have since confirmed the 2008 is the same as all the other years. So, yes, it'll work.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The models are the same across all years of streaks. When I looked at the microfiche to compare each model's part #s, the fiche didn't include the 2008 model. So I couldn't say for 110% certainty without the part #s to back it up. But I have since confirmed the 2008 is the same as all the other years. So, yes, it'll work.
Hey Russell I was doing some research since I really wanted to get one myself and it looks like the pre-2004 models are carbureted. Would this require a different adapter since it was based off the fuel-injected model?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts