RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Been a minute.

Used to own a 2005 Z1000 and was active in here more than 10 years ago. Just picked up a 2013 Z1000, so I'll be back in here being active again to relearn all the changes to the bike since.

Going to be sending the ECU off to Ivan's for ECU flash first. Looking for a set of Urban Brawlers... or maybe a set of stock 1st gen exhaust to modify and fit. They're still my favorite design exhaust by far, just hate that they're so heavy! Quick reading so far seems like the exhaust output size have changed from gen1 to gen3 though. So more research :)

Researching now to see if the equivalent years Ninja 1000 subframe and plastic will direct bolt onto the Z1000 as well... really would like to get some Ninja 1000 hard bags for travel.

Attachments

Reactions: Ozninjaguy

·
Administrator
2,650 Posts
Welcome back. Keep us updated on your changes/progress with the bike...nice scoot, btw.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone.

Been a short while for sure. My first bike was a 2003 ZR-7S, then after lurking and hanging out in this forum for a few years, bought my 2005 Z1000, rode it for 40k miles and numerous mountain and florida trips and sold it at 44k miles in 2014.

Since then, I've owned a few different years SV650s, ZX10R, Daytona 675R, 88 Vmax, VROD, R6... and rode a bunch of different bikes. Finally back to the familiar ol' Z. Always loved them.

Cant wait to dig in and mod it... already have over a thousand dollars worth of parts coming... lol

Reactions: Obo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome back!

The gen1 exhaust sure does look cool but.... I found a 28 lb. difference between the factory exhaust and my Muzzy Ti exhaust. IMO, the sound is a bit more refined with a 4-1 header too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts