RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

alot of work but got her going... been riding the Z all week what a fun bike... took it for a rip up to virginia city (all curves) not quite use to the seating postion.. taking some getting use to..
let me know what you think :alcy:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heck yeah man, looks good. Go get u some Mothers Mag polish and polish up that header :glassesti
i tried to get the header to polish.. sprayed with oven cleaner didnt shine up.. ill give mothers mag a try... any advise on how to go about it.. what works best?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
i tried to get the header to polish.. sprayed with oven cleaner didnt shine up.. ill give mothers mag a try... any advise on how to go about it.. what works best?
Well it takes sometime and alot of elbow grease. Just get a clean rag, pick a small spot and go to town. You should start to see the gold disappear. Looks TONS better when you're done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
cool thanks ill give it a try ,yours looks great... man this is a fun machine.. real nimble around town compared to my other bikes.. thanks guys for the remarks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the chop on the exhaust!
i cut 5 inces off and gutted them, found a thread on here where a guy use rain gutter wire mesh and fiberglass and made flow though mufflers..thats what i did.. left the cats in still.. its amazing how good it sounds.. not raspy, real nice tone..

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You could also try Eagle One self-etching mag wheel cleaner ... supposed to be great for removing the gold "pickled" look.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i cut 5 inces off and gutted them, found a thread on here where a guy use rain gutter wire mesh and fiberglass and made flow though mufflers..thats what i did.. left the cats in still.. its amazing how good it sounds.. not raspy, real nice tone..
Thread link? And video of exhaust tone!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thread link? And video of exhaust tone!
crap ive been searching for about a hour with no luck...basically cut 5inches off used a dermel removed the end caps removed all the baffles except for the one in the front with a bunch of holes like swiss cheese in front of the cat... went to home depot bought some rain gutter wire mesh.. cut it about 4 inches wide rolled it up nice about 1 1/2 inch I.D. use small pieces of bailling wire like hog ties to hold mesh round... wraped with fiberglass taped and installed into cans.. JB welded end caps back on.. try to get a sound clip going.. i wish i could find the thread....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts