RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was curious if anyones ever done this on the z1000, found an article for the mean streak but want one for this bike. just need a cell phone charger.. my droid battery drains fast

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ive seen many people put them on there bikes. Im going to add a 12v socket over the winter. Just check out some youtube videos. I believe there are also some posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a cigarette lighter and wired it straight to the battery. Ran the wires under the tank and bolted the outlet under the bug screen on the left side. It's hidden and I use it for my gps. I can charge my iPod or phone too. I think it's an awsome accessory.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I bought a cigarette lighter and wired it straight to the battery. Ran the wires under the tank and bolted the outlet under the bug screen on the left side. It's hidden and I use it for my gps. I can charge my iPod or phone too. I think it's an awsome accessory.
I did the same thing, but split the end so I have a 12v cigarette lighter socket and also a battery tender socket. My bits are from powerlet.com.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I did the same thing, but split the end so I have a 12v cigarette lighter socket and also a battery tender socket. My bits are from powerlet.com.
i did a simular thing
fitted the female cig lighter to bike marine grade waterproof

then added a male end to my optimate charger

so charging is simple just plug it in and the added benifit of being able to charge anything else that i have a cig charge lead for

its amazing how many times ive been cought out with a dead phone so just keep the charger under rear seat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts