RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
After upgrading the brakes to 2012 Z1000 spec Ive started to look at the aesthetics of the fluid reservoir. You can see in the pics that its rather large, white plastic piece atop the front end of the bike.
I started looking at different reservoirs and a company called British customs. They make a nice billet item that mounts directly on the Nissin master cylinders.

The only issue with these is that theyre tall but otherwise do without the mount and the hose .... neat yeah?
This got me looking into master cylinders themselves and after digging around i found that the most desirable cylinders are the famous brembo RCS 19. They have 19mm or 3/4 inch cylinders.
They aren’t the only ones though and some of the later z1000’s (the rr in particular) are also 19mm if you can find one. Well i got lucky and picked one up on eBay for the same price i got my 11/16inch one. Then i noticed something.... I couldn’t use the British customs reservoir as the RR uses a direct mount reservoir standard and the one i had bought didnt have it attached... no wonder it was cheap. Ive since found these rizoma pieces ct028’s and theyre specifically made to fit direct on the RR cylinder

If your looking for a standard nissin 3/4 inch master then the Suzuki gsxr600’s use them as well as others ... The 3/4 is cast on the bottom of the cylinder... happy shopping !

I also got the ****s and bought some other parts. Ill post pics for those interested.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I’ll be starting a thread in the performance upgrade section about my next fork swap.
ZX10r fork swap here
Also to come, rearset upgrade, headlight change, brake master cylinder upgrade.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
The master cylinder i bought didnt come with the O rings for the reservoir.

I didnt want to risk it with generic ones that would weep.
Kawasaki Part numbers
Part NumberDescription
Qty​
On Order​
Ready to Ship​
92055013701 RING-O
1.00​
0​
1.00​
92055074101 RING-O,14.8X2.4

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The rearsets i have are great but look really heavy. They work fine and used the standard brake switch. I liked the look of the Valter Moto Type 1’s
Cheapest i could find them was on CarpiMoto...they dont actually have the correct photo on the site

Bought a banjo brake switch
The one you’ll need is a 10*1.25

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Neglected to mention in the meantime, i upgraded to a Zx6r throttle housing and cables. The housing and cables work better on the clip ons and weave around the new brake master better. And yes i know that the switch is in the wrong position in the photo(i was mocking up and its since been moved

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I should mention that the reason I needed a new switch was that I’ve moved to a z1 brake master cylinder and Zx6r throttle housing was required because the cables were in the way. So to change the throttle cables, I had to change the switch ...
I found out I had a quick throttle tube on my bike in the process also; winning !
For those interested, theres R6 throttle tubes on eBay that fit for under 20 bucks
Apparently “2006 Yamaha r6 throttle tube and grip has a 40mm throttle cam. The 05 tube has a 38mm cam”

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Adjusted the mirrors but I'm still not happy ...
Spacers and axle arrived, New fork and dust seals are in the forks and ill be swapping over to the new forks hopefully this weekend
still left to do ...
  • Install new forks
  • Install Brake pads(f&r)
  • Install Rear shock
  • Install Gauge
  • figure out what Im going to do about a rear reflector
  • Figure out what to do about the front ABS bracket
  • Install rearsets
  • install 3/4 Master cylinder and new reservoir
  • Adjust ergo's

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
to do list...

• Machine brake spacers
  • Make front guard brackets
  • Install Brake pads(f&r)
  • Install Rear shock
  • Install Gauge
  • figure out what Im going to do about a rear reflector
  • Figure out what to do about the front ABS bracket
  • Install rearsets
  • install 3/4 Master cylinder and new reservoir
  • Adjust ergo's
  • Ride the effing thing somewhere nice
done
  • Buy top triple
  • Install new forks
  • Fork seals
  • Tidy up headlight wiriing
  • Headlight

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
A wise man once said do a small bit every day. Even if its just sand something, bolt something, cut something and you’ll eventually finish it. Its hard for me because i have to unpack my whole storage cage just to get my tools and bike out.

But i made some small progress today.
Machined the lip off one side of brake spacers because the forks dont have the rebate, I also rebuilt the master cylinder and mounted the rizoma reservoir.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts