RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 7 Posts

· 見る
3,025 Posts
Im not sensible. I could easily buy a better bike and be done witht
This is a pretty accurate comment. I get what you are doing, but you will still have the standard, very ordinary handling frame. I believe that a few previous members used the 636 front end for the conversion. Shouldn't be hard to search the threads here.

Although you have bought the forks, here is a link to the conversion in another forum: https://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-650r-er6/101215-636-fork-swap.html

Anyway - good for you for having a hobby that keeps you off the streets. :righton:

· 見る
3,025 Posts
Thanks for reading and for the link. I’m aware of the various threads where others have done fork swaps .
No probs mate. Each to his own when it comes to project bikes. There's a thread here by a guy who turned his into a street-fighter. - might be worth a look for some ideas. Good luck with that.

· 見る
3,025 Posts
Hi Oz, easy on the noob. I'm still a noob myself, although I'm a year older than you. Another guy here is 72yo, and is still a noob. All noobs are welcome, yes? What's important is to learn, and share what we learn. Ride safe! :)
Hi Blue. Of course you are right...maybe the noob doesn't know how to express himself well. I'm wondering why he is here - there is an Aussie Ninja 650 forum.

· 見る
3,025 Posts
"wut'...hhhmmm. Won't even go there. But hey - good luck with the build. I certainly have no interest now, and judging by the replies you have received - neither do a lot of members....I guess that it's going to be a nice little esoteric journey for you. Have fun and keep sharing.

· 見る
3,025 Posts
This forum is pretty dead. People have moved on to facebook groups and other forums. I check it every couple days or so and there are like 3 unread posts. It pretty much died when it was sold to some corporation.
I didn't know that the forum was sold...interesting. I just assumed that most of the previously active members either moved on to other forums, or FB, or sold their 650 (or other bike) and didn't bother hanging around. Lets face it - the Ninja 650 is pretty much an antique these days and although it is fairly popular in Oz because it is a 650cc bike (throttled down to 250cc performance).,.it's still nothing special.

· 見る
3,025 Posts
Yes, this forum seems to be dying out, much like the BRP forum. I always found it useful for technical information & product reviews, even when it wasn't necessarily a mod that I would be doing myself (like the mods AusEr6huy is doing). And I liked the trip descriptions just for fun.
Agreed. Used to be a lot of good advice/discussions here - but not much worth dropping by for now...oh well - that's life in the digital world.

1 - 6 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.