RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a regular 2 prong flasher(with beeper) can be fitted to a 09 Bandit 1250. I need a reminder sometimes to turn off my directional lights.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Do you know how loud that will have to be to get past the engine / wind noises and into your helmet and ear plugs?

If you built up the habit to turn them on, you need to build up the habit to turn them off.

But, if this is something you really want to do you can wire the 'beeper(s)' up to the turn signal circuit and they will beep beep every time the turn signal lights.

You have to know what the current draw of the beeper is to know whether you can hook it up directly to the circuit, or use a relay to power the beeper.

I recommend getting Posi-Lock connectors for doing your splicing unless you have soldering skills.

Post up what you end up doing because it may be useful to others.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
It looks like the OEM relay "flasher" unit has 7 pins which appears to operate the indicator/hazard and side stand switch so I'd say no. That being said you could install a beeper that gets power from either light as a reminder.

Or if the bulb is a single pole you could do something like this: (if it fits the lamp module as well)

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Up-Reverse-Beeper-Universal-Automotive/dp/B07518KM1M

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like the OEM relay "flasher" unit has 7 pins which appears to operate the indicator/hazard and side stand switch so I'd say no. That being said you could install a beeper that gets power from either light as a reminder.

Or if the bulb is a single pole you could do something like this: (if it fits the lamp module as well)

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Up-Reverse-Beeper-Universal-Automotive/dp/B07518KM1M
That looks like a good option..... I have 2 other much older bikes with the self cancelling signal lights.......just cant seem to get used to shutting them off........and dont understand why Suzuki never equipped a nice bike like a Bandit with it.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I agree with TWA, they'd need to be pretty loud, especially if you wear a helmet. Perhaps a bright flashing LED light placed somewhere you can't miss would be easier, and just as effective?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered those beeping bulbs on the assumption they would fit the module,if not,a brighter flashing light somewhere obvious might be an option also

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The good news is .....the bulbs/beepers fit in the signal light module....but.....Suzuki has gone through the trouble of offsetting the pins just a tiny bit on their stock flasher single pole bulbs so you cant replace them with anything but Suzuki bought stuff.......just grind off 1 pin and they go in place just fine.....but the beeper isnt loud enough with helmet on and engine running as was suggested might be the case......i guess i will put them in the back up lights of my wifes older convertible........What now?????

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
If sound itsn't ideal - what about an obscene light wired into the flasher circuit, placed along the side or top of the windscreen.

Assuming you have some basic soldering skills you could wire in an LED along with 2 diodes into the 2 indicators in the dash cluster. The diodes work as a back flow preventer so turning on either signal doesn't feed the other.

The key to my setup is having an LED that runs 12v so you don't need any resistors etc.

Here's a basic diagram.

diode_schematic.jpg

If you wanted even simpler you could do 2 LED's, each one wired into it's own side. No diodes need that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Obo, that looks even straightforward enough for me to do. I may go with the simpler method. I have the bandit in storage now,so this is a job for the spring.
cheers
Wayne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts