RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

APES ARE ON

15K views 50 replies 29 participants last post by  TonyArss 
#1 ·
Finally got my 12 inch apes on one of my favorite mods I have made although im sure some of the purest will disagree. have had the bike for 7 yrs and loved the drag bars but always felt a little bound up no matter what I did risers ect.. love the ride can still throw the bike into the turns hard and drag a peg lol Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Helmet Motorcycle accessories Bicycle
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Windshield Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Those bars look great on there!

#6 ·
Looks awesome. You ever think of painting your wheels black? That would really set the bike off with those black, squared bars.

Reactions: nymeanie
#8 ·
In the victory and Harley world that bike would have a new name so they can say they sell X number of models. Victory calls theirs the High Ball.

We could call your bike the "high and mean" streak. Or the "Ape Streak", or "Mean Ape".

Nice looking bike, whatever it is called. ;)

#17 ·
Reactions: Texas and nymeanie
#9 ·
actually have plans to powder coat them but only either the outer ring or the centers plus a few other things come this winter when I will be doing a clutch and painting the tins I have rims on my truck that are done that way. And thanks for the comments guys spent a lot of time going back and forth deciding on bars and risers my wife was going to kill me if I asked her what she thought one more time lol also did the stem bearings while I was there since I had that annoying dead spot in the center Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Auto part Spoke

Reactions: Texas
#11 ·
Looks GR8 ny. :righton: Its on of the best mods I've done to date also. Your gonna love the riding position. :headbang:

Vehicle Auto part Engine Automotive exterior Car
Here's mine

#12 ·
i like high and mean streak !! sounds sweet

#13 ·
Love those Apes!! You'll love the new position....

#16 ·
thanks guy appreciate all the nice comments. I put 150 miles on them already nobody was around so went solo lol love the position feels really comfortable and still handles great. plus the look is what I envisioned when shopping for them

Reactions: Steammaker
#18 ·
Looks great, I have been wanting to go ape for some time now. What are the measurements on those?

I have to ask... do the holes up near the grips whistle while you ride? I imagine it sounding like one of those whistling bottle rockets going down the highway :)

#19 ·
I removed the risers on my Mean Streak. I like the forward bars and forward controls. I guess after adding the Low and Mean Seat to the bike it just fits me better.

#20 ·
shadow so far no whistle noise and I have been up to 115 mph with them lol :laugh:

#21 ·
Man... I'm digging that. What kind of bars are those?

#23 ·
bars im not sure of brand I bought them from a guy that had them and only mocked them up but didn't like them on his vtx and they where chrome I had them sand blasted cleaned up and powder coated black.
Text Font Audio equipment Equalizer

makes any line you want also fitting style and position comes with banjo bolts and washers also has double banjo bolt if you want to run 2 lines to keep left and right caliper on I went with just right side to open up the front wheel and don't really notice a difference but I have ridden many bikes with only one front set up received it within 4 days of ordering it

Reactions: syant and Whitfield
#25 ·
I wanted to put those risers on mine but I couldnt find them fir 1 1/4" bars.
I even asked Mr. Fuller if he could open a set of 1" ones up for me. It just couldn;t be done...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.