RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I actually have the same apes on my Meanstreak but in chrome!!! I have a few other mods as well mirrors, paint, front wheel is 21" billet, pipes, hypercharger, power commander III, an a few other. I love the look of these apes and the comfort is way better.
Whole lotta talk bout it BUT NO PICS! wassup with that!:ripped::jerkit:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a cpl things to do to it tomorrow ill try to get u an actual measurement from the top of the trees to the top of bar if that helps
Did you ever get the chance to measure this? What are new lines running for a setup like this?

·
Registered
84 Posts
They look sick man. I'm going to do it on mine for sure when I get around to it. So many mods on my to do list though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought an 07 Mean Streak Special Edition 1600. I love the bike but am looking to replace the handlebars. I'm only 5'2" and am leaning too far forward. My local Kawi dealership can't help. They actually ordered replacement bars for me with a 14" pullback - but they didn't fit and they have no other suggestions for me! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
352 Posts
fullercnc sells 2" risers which help to get the bars back further. There are also after market risers which allow you to put whatever bars you want on the bike. There are a few threads on here about it already and Texas is really good at explaining the bar situation on our bikes.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I only paid 40 for the bars kinda used but actually never installed on the bike and rode the guy just mocked them up . Only replaced the brake line the other lines I brought behind the trees since I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the set up but now that I am I will be replacing clutch and throttle line/cables over the winter at that time since the bars are drilled I will run wires internally. Where the risers go the bars are only 1 inch so was able to use those risers with no mods I have to say there is NO flex bars are strong and risers tighten up really good no movement bars are also milled so im sure that helped. im 6 ft and my arms sit pretty level with a slight pitch down but very little I have the bars set so I still have a slight bend in elbow and my arms hang slightly. Very comfortable would not go any higher I have a friend that has some 16 with 1 inch risers and rode that bike a few times and find myself dropping my arms to get blood back lol hope this helps
Very nice looking bike with those bars on there. It looks so much meaner now. A reaper fender painted to match your bike would fit with the overall look of the bike plus make the whole thing look even meaner. The fender's cheap and install is easy too. Just a thought. Nice bike man. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey buddy I know it’s an old post, have you try to put your wires through the handle bars ? Would it fit or it’s too tight ?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts