RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Man... I'm digging that. What kind of bars are those?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
bars im not sure of brand I bought them from a guy that had them and only mocked them up but didn't like them on his vtx and they where chrome I had them sand blasted cleaned up and powder coated black.
custom.jpg

makes any line you want also fitting style and position comes with banjo bolts and washers also has double banjo bolt if you want to run 2 lines to keep left and right caliper on I went with just right side to open up the front wheel and don't really notice a difference but I have ridden many bikes with only one front set up received it within 4 days of ordering it

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I wanted to put those risers on mine but I couldnt find them fir 1 1/4" bars.
I even asked Mr. Fuller if he could open a set of 1" ones up for me. It just couldn;t be done...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
it's usually around $500 for extended cables, and lines + bars and grips...6-7 hundred total.
If you do the work yourself you should be able to knock a few hundred dollars off that....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I only paid 40 for the bars kinda used but actually never installed on the bike and rode the guy just mocked them up . Only replaced the brake line the other lines I brought behind the trees since I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the set up but now that I am I will be replacing clutch and throttle line/cables over the winter at that time since the bars are drilled I will run wires internally. Where the risers go the bars are only 1 inch so was able to use those risers with no mods I have to say there is NO flex bars are strong and risers tighten up really good no movement bars are also milled so im sure that helped. im 6 ft and my arms sit pretty level with a slight pitch down but very little I have the bars set so I still have a slight bend in elbow and my arms hang slightly. Very comfortable would not go any higher I have a friend that has some 16 with 1 inch risers and rode that bike a few times and find myself dropping my arms to get blood back lol hope this helps

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
btw I paid 40 for the bars and risers from a friend of a friend that I ride with here and there but they were chrome had them powder coated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nymeanie with 16 inch total? everything except brake hoses were long enough? Just double checking. Would also like to make sure I like the feel before I go spending a bunch of money on clutch and throttle cables.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually have the same apes on my Meanstreak but in chrome!!! I have a few other mods as well mirrors, paint, front wheel is 21" billet, pipes, hypercharger, power commander III, an a few other. I love the look of these apes and the comfort is way better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The brake Cable and throttle cables will be very tight and pull on you when you turn all the way. You will have to unbolt the brake line splitter from its current location to get it to stretch, I wouldn't recommend it but it will bolt up with some persuasion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
they are 12 apes the risers are 4 inch in total height but only 2 3/4 to the center where the bars sit. did not use the stock brake line so its not tight and have move throttle and clutch to the back side of the trees so they are not very tight as matt said plenty of slack even at full lock left and right. btw all this info has been stated in earlier post

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
those Apes look really good powder coated. I had a pair of Z bars with 3' dog leg risers on an old triumph I rode in the late 70's. Brings back some awesome memories

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
those Apes look really good powder coated. I had a pair of 12" Z bars with 3" dog leg risers on an old triumph I rode in the late 70's. Brings back some awesome memories, thanks!

Oops, I studdered!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I asked about the total height because your bike description says 12 bars 4 risers and with all the measuring I was doing it definitely wouldn't of stretched that far. I'm just looking to get a feel to see if I'm gonna like it or not before I go and buy all the cables.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I have a cpl things to do to it tomorrow ill try to get u an actual measurement from the top of the trees to the top of bar if that helps

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome to the planet of the apes - your bike looks ace ! I like " The Mean Ape"

You'll never go back to the strange convention of riding with you hands lower than your soulders - just weird!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts