RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda have a idea on where i would like to see my bike go later on and i have given the idea of ape hangers a couple thoughts. i wanted to know if anyone has done it?? If so could you up load some pictures? This would be a project done next year when i have more funds, but this project would also include widening the rear wheel to fit either a 210 or a 200 tire, all chrome wheels and custom rear fender.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is a link to the page with the apes on a mean streak

http://jjari.1g.fi/kuvat/kawa/

I dont know, the lines do get a little mixed but with a good chunk of cash, a 210 rear tire with a custom fender cut to a point(kinda like what OCC does a lot), but then run the wires internal on the bars. It could be something great i think. It would have to be a winter project i wouldnt want my bike down for a month in the summer time. I might try to figure out how to do this project this winter!!!

Is anyone else thinking of going with apes??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THE DREAM!!
210 TIRE
WIDEN REAR RIM
CHROME RIMS
16-18" APE HANGERS INTERNAL WIRES
CUSTOM FENDER

This could happen and it would be a cross of all of these images, but i think it could look great!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I like the looks of it, but those pictures seem like the bike is too stock to make it stand out. It really needs to be modified to carry it off, in my opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a sweet custom head light on already, vance and hines big shots, a tornado intake, low and mean drive shaft cover with lisence plate holder, kyruakan mirrors with led signals. I want to add the low and mean radiator shroud. Plus to go with the look of the bike i would add a solo seat and ditch the rear pegs. I already have the mapam forward controls like in the picture. But this is all just a dream right now the costs are growing in my head by the minute the more i think about. So who knows.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
In my opinion, with those apes the bike needs to be a bit longer in the tailend to look right.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm going with 18" apes that are 1 1/4 dia. with internal wiring SOON. Hopfully within a couple weeks. Should look right on mine with the fenders I have, and more comfortable to boot.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I really thought apes would look stoopid on a meany but after seeing them I can't help but say I was wrong. I've never tried em but wouldn't mind checkin em out one day. I'm more of a drag bar guy though.
meanmachinist Your bike looks wicked the way you have it decked out.
That Biatch is FAT!!!
Great Job my friend!!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
after busting my balls all day last sat about wanting to do the apes now you see it my way eh. I will be definatly doing the black 16 inch bars this winter with a lower rear end and a lowered front fender it should look cool.

·
Registered
399 Posts
after busting my balls all day last sat about wanting to do the apes now you see it my way eh. I will be definatly doing the black 16 inch bars this winter with a lower rear end and a lowered front fender it should look cool.
I have seen the light brother mean rider. Went on a ride saturday/sunday up to ME outside Kennebunk to go camping. Wanted them so bad by the end of the day (hung out at Bentley's saloon, big biker bar, and saw so many apes it wasn't funny). I'm going to look into the parts needed and stock for the riser block I told you about when I get to work.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I loved the mini-apes that came on my 1985 Honda Shadow 700. They were very comfortable and ergonomic. That bike had a more choppery look to it though. I don't think the mean streak looks good with apes though. It definitely doesn't look like a mean streak anymore.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Reactions: tc207

·
Registered
10,327 Posts

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Any idea what size that tire is? Looks like stock rear fender.
Well the title above the picture says 210, but it may not be. It does look like the wheel was widened.

Yesterday I chased a friend riding a ZRX1200. I was so glad I had the tires I am running and the drag bars. A super wide tire and apes would definitely slow this bike down if I was riding it. I've tried the Victory's with super wide tires and the Victory's with Apes. Can't compare to the Mean Streak in the handling department.

Reactions: 04 Marauder
1 - 20 of 29 Posts