RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting better light for my 2009 er6n. Anyone have experience with these bulbs or others, good or bad?
Thanks for any info. Jim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Love the Osram night breakers, I put mine in early this year.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got a set of Osram Silverstar bulbs and have been very happy with the brightness over the stock bulbs. As far as bulb life, time will tell as I just put them on a few months ago.
Sure can't beat the price, though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Can you buy any bulbs for motorcycles at an autoparts store, or do you have to go to a dealer or cycle gear shop?

I've not too experienced in shopping for parts other than 650rshop.com

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can you buy any bulbs for motorcycles at an autoparts store, or do you have to go to a dealer or cycle gear shop?

I've not too experienced in shopping for parts other than 650rshop.com

Yes you can purchase the light bulbs from an auto parts store. The ninja 650R takes the 12v 55watt H7 bulb for all model years. I've had good luck with Sylvania silverstars in the past.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you very much

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes you can purchase the light bulbs from an auto parts store. The ninja 650R takes the 12v 55watt H7 bulb for all model years. I've had good luck with Sylvania silverstars in the past.
Wait till you see the price on a set of Sylvania Silverstars! :thud:
Once you've seen the price, do a search for Osram Silverstar bulbs and compare the prices. :glassesti

·
Registered
95 Posts
Prices

Prices around here are all over the chart. Usually around $100. Got mine from powerbulbs - $30 in my hand for Osram

·
Registered
73 Posts
Beware USA Silver Stars

Understand the USA Silverstars are not as good as the European ones.Try to get a supplier who sells the European ones.My supplier for H-4 Euro ones does not have the H-7 bulbs yet, www.murpskits.com but hopefully will soon. There is a big difference.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Understand the USA Silverstars are not as good as the European ones.Try to get a supplier who sells the European ones.My supplier for H-4 Euro ones does not have the H-7 bulbs yet, www.murpskits.com but hopefully will soon. There is a big difference.
+1 sylvania silverstars are nowhere near as good as osram silverstars....and they cost a heck of a lot more

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Jen, Actually I just purchased a pack of the H7 bulbs( Sylvania Ultra). They do not fit the 09'..It looks like an adapter is needed if even available. The prongs on all H7's are way too small(across). I am now at square one, looking to upgrade. Any suggestions?
(Update) !!!!! Lol, I found the plastic adapter comes off of the oem bulb!! I thought I was going crazy!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts