RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after 25,000 miles I have developed a leaky fork, so it's time to replace the seals. Has anyone done this already themselves?
how hard is it?
what procedures should I follow?
thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
changing fork seals aren't as easy like back in the days of gpz's, gs's or honda f's. search posts for this task, plus you can usually find a free shop manual at this forum. you will at least need a tool to compress the spring. it can be found on ebay for around $40 shipped.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are several detailed videos on youtube for this actually. I watched them before taking my forks over to my trusty suspension shop and getting it done there (I didn't have the tools to do it myself). I just wanted to see what it was all about. Got a chance to see how it was done in person too as they let me watch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i changed my seals yesterday. you will not need the spring compressor tool. seems like it would be good for spring change though or you would rather use the syringe method to add your oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.