RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found a Red 04 Z1k for sale out that way. Only 3700 and it has 13k on the clock. 13k is reasonable IMO, that's what my 650 had just before the incident. Anyway I was just curious if there was anyone that is near this location that would be able to check it out for me.

Thanks.

Edit: Here is the link to the add. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/1851140140.html

·
Registered
145 Posts
not a bad price, but be aware that red is the slowest color.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noted! Well I'm just coming off of blue, the fastest color ever, so... :) I'll let you know when the verdict is in.

BTW just an update I actually found one in excellent condition, or so it seems, maybe about 100 miles from where I live. I called and left a message with that dealership. 3999$ and the bike only has 7200 on it. All stock accept for the turn signals, or so it looks, just the way I want it.

If everything goes according to plan I'll swing up that way this saturday or next saturday to take a gander.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I'm nearer than you... its an hour drive from Raleigh. But about the most I could do with confidence is tell you if the bodywork is scratched or dented! Unless parts are about to fall off, I couldn't tell you anything about the mechanical condition of the bike. It's always the hidden things that get you anyway. A friend of mine, who is a mechanic and owns his own shop, bought a used SV1000 and didn't discover that the threads to the oil drain were stripped until he attempted the first oil change. Same thing happened to me when I bought my previous bike.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm nearer than you... its an hour drive from Raleigh. But about the most I could do with confidence is tell you if the bodywork is scratched or dented! Unless parts are about to fall off, I couldn't tell you anything about the mechanical condition of the bike. It's always the hidden things that get you anyway. A friend of mine, who is a mechanic and owns his own shop, bought a used SV1000 and didn't discover that the threads to the oil drain were stripped until he attempted the first oil change. Same thing happened to me when I bought my previous bike.
Ouch. Well yeah I guess it is somewhat a leap of faith one way or another. I think I might try the one up in Chicago I found. Has only have the miles for about the same price. It's at a dealership, and its somewhere that I could actually drive and get home from in a somewhat reasonable amount of time.

I'm pretty stoked about it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah there is a red one at a dealer in Elgin that looks really clean...i assume we are seeing the same one. i found it on craigslist.
i am not familiar with that dealer unfortunately, so i can't offer my opinion.
good luck with your search tho.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I almost went and looked at that one in Rocky Mount but I got mine in Greensboro for a little cheaper and with the 636 suspension already done. The one in Rocky Mount appears that it's been for sale for a while so I'm sure they'll deal with you if you want it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that dealer up near Chicago gave me a call this morning. If the bike is half as nice as they say it is then I think I've found the one. I'm going up Saturday to check it out and possibly put some money down on it to hold it till the following weekend.

I wonder if I could get them down another 2 or 300. I'm going to try. If not I'm still in good shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts