RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting 3+ months for Factory to ship my jet kit. They told me that they are waiting for the needles to be made (that was 3 weeks ago). Needless to state, I am getting a little impatient. I would love to see how much it helps the bike.

Has anyone in the group installed the jet kit from factory and how much has it help the bike?

Did you install a K&N filter or do any mods to the air box?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Factory Reply

Uh Oh! Chuck, I spent about an hour on the phone last week with Mark from Factory. I ordered a jet kit and he said it should ship this week--I guess I will find out soon enough if it actually does ship. As for the performance increase, this is what Mark told me. He said he designed the jet kit on a completely stock bike. He said then he tried various mods (air intake, slip on, compete exhaust system) to see if he could extract additional H.P. Mark said the stock bike with the jet kit picked up three additional horsepower throughout the RPM range. He indicated that the other modifications did not increase the horespower output no matter what he did to the jetting. I have seen this sort of "wall" before with regard to modifications not increasing horsepower. My experience tells me that when this sort of thing happens, it is because the carburetors are too small. According to Mark, the power to be gained is in the jet kit and not the slip-on.

I am scheduled to take my bike (competely stock) in for a baseline dyno run this Friday. My plan is to go back in two weeks after I get the jet kit installed. If the jet kit does not ship by next week, I will cancel my order and go with another company. Have you followed up with them?

Tom Droze

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i rode dessert wolf's bike that has the factory jet kit installed with a stock can. definitely much better performance under 5k rpm. first gear power wheelies were absolutely no sweat. low end torque and horsepower are up and it's very smooth. better than stock with the off idle hesitation. toward the top of the range it's similar to stock, maybe just a bit better.

scott :)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I totally agree with Scott, the front tire was up with no problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recieved an email from factory today and it appears that they lost my order. That explains the delay.

Thanks for the reviews on the perfromance enhancements from the kit. I can't wait to get the kit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
jet kit

I had no problem getting the jet kit from factory, I picked up my bike from the dealer yesterday(2000 mile service), drove it home insead of the trailer, it was a nice day out. I hope to install the jet kit this week and the K&N. I was wondering if the carbs needed to be readjusted with the insatallation of the jet kit.

Thanks
Mark:)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
The carbs on Desertwolf's bike had the plugs removed, so I'm betting that they did adjust them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark,
I am assuming that the carbs will need to be re-synchronized after installing the jet kit. I plan to do this when I install my kit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke with Catory today and they finally found my order. They will ship the kit to me asap.

I can't wait to install the kit and go for a test spin :D

One thing I am wondering is how easy it is to resync the carbs. Can anyone recommend weather I should let a shop do it or should I attempt it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Opps! A little typo there "Catory" should read "Factory"

I guess I need to learn how to touch type with ten fingers instead of four.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
All it takes is a carb sync,a screw driver, a fan (to blow on the motor to keep it cool) and patience. It's pretty easy. The steps in the Maintenance Section is a real good guide. If you want the steps from the factory manual, let me know and I'll e-mail you the page.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts