RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a new bike and about to sell the Z... only I'm really having a hard time doing it! The next bike is a done deal, I just can't decide what to do with the Z. Maybe a track-only ride? I have to find a solid reason to keep it... times are tight and only getting worse. But dammit, man, I have had so many great times upon the thing :smokin:, just a great machine.

Anyone here do track days at VIR/ summit motorsports? That is pretty close to me. I could see myself getting out there once a month, I had a blast back home at Jennings. Ugghhh!!! I can't decide. For a Jap bike the Zed sure does have personality. It's gonna be a sad day if I part with it.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I've done VIR on the Z... it was fun, but flipping that beast through 4, 5, 5a is a workout. And the front straight is no fun with no windscreen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How's jennings on the Z? I'm going in a month to do a track day.. any special suspension or anything I should know?? Let me know so I can start getting the bike prepped up. I was going to have my seat sent off to have it made higher and more comfy, but I'll wait till I'm done with the track day. I'm kinda curious to see how my Z will do out there.. let me know!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How's jennings on the Z? I'm going in a month to do a track day.. any special suspension or anything I should know?? Let me know so I can start getting the bike prepped up. I was going to have my seat sent off to have it made higher and more comfy, but I'll wait till I'm done with the track day. I'm kinda curious to see how my Z will do out there.. let me know!
Well I think like anybike you should get the suspension as well set-up as possible, but if you are interested in what the track is like, it's short and tight. Not too smooth either. Be carefull through turn 8 it is know to bite... Iknow at least 5 people that have gone down there, one right in front of my (nasty high-side). Take the hero blobs off, and the kicksatnd too if possible. Someone wrecks there almost every track day, at least I'm told (wouldn't be surprised.... it's tight).

My next bike is an 08 Fz1. I'm getting more into the sport-touring aspect of riding, the Z just beats me up on the highway after an hour or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts