RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Well, I am sad. two weeks ago I got my fork seals replaced on my '07 650r. I was riding back, everything was fine and dandy. About two or three days later I was riding, looked down, and saw the seal leaking again. I took it to my neighborhood mechanic at home who is unbelievably smart (not a commercial mechanic, rather someone who EVERYONE brings their bike to and he just works out of his garage). He compressed/decompressed the forks multiple times and then concluded that there was a small clunk when the forks were completely compressed. I was on my way out of town and so he couldnt do a full diagnosis. I dont want to put a million bucks into this bike, but I want it to be fixed! Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone have a slight notion what it could be? I am bringing it to my mechanic at college who said he will give me the lowdown on if the seals were improperly installed (so the original place can fix the issue), or if its the forks that are screwed. There is NO damage to the forks, well, none that I can see at least. ANY help would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know a cheap, easy, quality place to paint my fairings? Yes, cheap AND quality are in the same question. Currently black and orange...I want it to either be dark blue+black, or black all around. Thanks a bunch everyone!

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
If the fork tube is nicked, SV650 fork tubes are a direct swap and easier to find.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I've had the same thing happen to my bike...
My mechanic installed new seals and then a few days later I noticed they were leaking.
Before you do anything drastic (like ordering new fork tubes), order a new pair of seals from Kawasaki. You want OEM seals.

Ask the mechanic to reinstall using the OEM fork seals. It should still be under warranty, right?
I think some seals are not up to par. It solved my problem.
While he's at it, might as well replace the fork oil too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts