RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Harbor Freight Dolly

I was reading about the Pit Viper dolly in last month's Cycle World, and it looks pretty slick for $130 with shipping. Then, in the back of the magazine, the Harbor Freight ad has a coupon for their version for $60. If this helps, in doing some research, I have found that a Nomad does not fit on the HF dolly, and a Triumph Speedmaster does fit on the PV dolly. How does a Meanie compare to these bikes in wheelbase? The length of the kickstand is also a concern. Does anybody have a dolly for their bike?

UPDATE: I ended up deciding to play guinea pig. Cycle World had a coupon for the HF dolly for $59.99. It took about 45 minutes to assemble. The bike barely fits, but it fits nonetheless, as long as I don't use the stop pins, which really isn't a big deal. It is nice to be able to push the bike into a corner or move it out of the way in the garage without having to make a project out of it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't use that type of dolly but have read they are adjustable to the length of the bike and kickstand position, though, some may not and thus, may require the purchase of specific lengths to accommodate the bike wheelbase. I've also read good replies about the HF dolly and read of a VTX rider who uses it. His VTX just fits on the dolly. The VTX also has a longer wheelbase than the MS. Therefore, it should work. According to the HF website, the kickstand plate offers 3 positions.

Give it a try, if you don't like it, you have 30 days to return.

The dolly is good for easy maneuvering but for us winter climate folks who require the need to store the bike, I prefer to have my bike off the ground. Therefore, I use a dolly stand from HF. http://images.harborfreight.com/manuals/94000-94999/94778.pdf

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't use that type of dolly but have read they are adjustable to the length of the bike and kickstand position, though, some may not and thus, may require the purchase of specific lengths to accommodate the bike wheelbase. I've also read good replies about the HF dolly and read of a VTX rider who uses it. His VTX just fits on the dolly. The VTX also has a longer wheelbase than the MS. Therefore, it should work. According to the HF website, the kickstand plate offers 3 positions.

Give it a try, if you don't like it, you have 30 days to return.

The dolly is good for easy maneuvering but for us winter climate folks who require the need to store the bike, I prefer to have my bike off the ground. Therefore, I use a dolly stand from HF. http://images.harborfreight.com/manuals/94000-94999/94778.pdf
Interesting. The only problem is I don't have a motorcycle jack, nor do I have a need for one. I usually put plywood under the tires in the winter time. Is it harmful on the forks and shocks to have the suspension hanging all winter? Do you have any pics of your bike on the stand?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts