RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd see if anyone else is attending, I will be there but most likely for race-day only. I'd be more than happy to meet up with anyone else thats going to be there, more friends to share a cold one with :alcy:

·
Registered
162 Posts
when are where is this???
This coming weekend at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Practice is Friday/Saturday and premier class races on Sunday. Friday night there will be an Endurocross race, Saturday night there will be a GNC Mile flattrack race both of these at the Sate Fair Grounds. There is also a stunt bike competition downtown on Saturday night. XDR I think?

I will be at IMS all three days, the enduro and the mile.

I'm a local so if ya'll have questions about who what when where I'd be happy to help.:alcy:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Damn I'd love to go . . . take tons of photos! Can't wait for Spies to switch to a factory Yamaha next year and join Lorenzo. This has been a great season to watch, good action and phenomenal riding by Lorenzo. Drink lots for me, wish I could go . . . I'll be there next year:woot:

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm going, but I don't have a Z yet and I will be bikeless this year. :( This will be my third one.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when are where is this???
The Doctor, The Kentucky Kid, what rock you been hiding under?:killingme Just kiding man... you should come check it out, next year if not this one. NOTHING sounds like a GP bike at full rip, though I still wish it was 500cc two-strokers (I was bummed to find out Shwantz rode his old Suzuki around the course last year and I missed it). Oh yeah man I need to get back out there to PA again to do some riding, that area was pretty nice.

Anyone else? It's gonna be fun!

·
Registered
969 Posts
So how was it at the races? I'm glad to see Ben Spies took 2nd, wish he could have stayed in the pole position but I guess that shows what a factory bike will do.

I'm going to try and make it next year.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It was a fun weekend at the track, I got the chance to hook up for a walk around Ducatti Island with fellow board guy BigSexyZ. hey Austin:alcy:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Things I saw at Indy:

Speed & Strength had a stretched, blinged, custom 2010 Z1000 outside their store on vendor row. Pictures to follow.

There was another '08 Z1000 parked in the parking garage of my hotel - from Ontario, with Rizoma bar and clamp, and Akra slip-ons. Very nice.

...and some drunk knocked my bike over in its parking space Saturday night / Sunday morning. I don't think it was hit by a car. I think some nitwit tried to sit on it and dropped it. I found it laying on its right side, kickstand up in the air. There was very little damage - scuffed through the paint on the right rad cowl, little scrapes on the clutch cover, handlebar end, and exhaust. It was like someone was sitting on it, lost balance and went over slowly to the right. Fortunately it didn't hit either my dad's bike or my brother's bike.

I tried very hard not to let it ruin my day.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
So how was it at the races? I'm glad to see Ben Spies took 2nd, wish he could have stayed in the pole position but I guess that shows what a factory bike will do.

I'm going to try and make it next year.
Did you see Cliff's pics over at NCS... dude knows someone with PRAMAC and got paddock passes... he hung out in Espargaro's garage!

Here's a sampling of some of his pics... lucky bastid...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've got some to post but I left my camera in my wifes car and she's out of town the rest of the week. I'll try to get some posted before we leave for the Springfield Mile on Saturday. This is a crazy week for me in a good way

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good weekend overall, minus the death of the 13 yr old in the 250 class. I didn't find out untill the next day. Spies looked great but lets face it the V5 honda is just to much of a beast, by far the strongest sounding bike out there. Every time Hayden would get back on the gas in the infield his Duc sounded awefull, don't know if it was the fueling or electronics but it was a little off. Next year Spies will be an animal.

The mile was awesome the night before... historical in that a kawasaki powered bike went out there and took it.

Poor Rossi, that track bites him everytime :wtf:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Somebody on an '03 was there, but it wasn't me. :dunno:

·
Registered
55 Posts
What an awesome weekend. I was hoping for a little closer race, but it was still a blast. Saw a few other Zed guys while we were out running around over the weekend. Downtown was off the hook this year. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Got a chance to ride the track this year...although it was mostly at the required 30 miles an hour, but they can't watch ya all the time, right??... Pretty darn cool flickin the bike around past the bricks and under that Red Bull sign. Couldn't get the grin off my face. If anybody from out of town hits it next year, hit me up if you need anything. There's a ton of us from Indy that would more than happy to help if it was necessary.

ps. Did anybody see that biplane fly over on Sat?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
HA ... sweet. PM me the next time you guys are stunt riding on the strip. I gotta come out and pay you to make me throw-up in your plane. Looks amazing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Things I saw at Indy:

Speed & Strength had a stretched, blinged, custom 2010 Z1000 outside their store on vendor row. Pictures to follow.

There was another '08 Z1000 parked in the parking garage of my hotel - from Ontario, with Rizoma bar and clamp, and Akra slip-ons. Very nice.

...and some drunk knocked my bike over in its parking space Saturday night / Sunday morning. I don't think it was hit by a car. I think some nitwit tried to sit on it and dropped it. I found it laying on its right side, kickstand up in the air. There was very little damage - scuffed through the paint on the right rad cowl, little scrapes on the clutch cover, handlebar end, and exhaust. It was like someone was sitting on it, lost balance and went over slowly to the right. Fortunately it didn't hit either my dad's bike or my brother's bike.

I tried very hard not to let it ruin my day.
Finally been spotted, but many many miles from home lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts