Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at pics of Meanstreaks online, and found this page
http://www.mtlcustom.com/galleri_e.asp

Almost at the end is this bike:
Meanstreak - ”Black Panther Bike”
Ägare / Owner: Karl Hertel, Germany

Anyone have any info on this bike? It is really trick.
It looks like he took off all the gauges. Is it just a show bike then?

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
What info are you looking for? Most of the parts are one off customs like the tank, bars, fender. With how short those shocks are it probably bottoms out a LOT. I know theres a german company that makes those forwards but the prices are insane to get them shipped here, someone looked into it a few months back. Love the smoothed/stretched tank. The seat's a Granucci, I owned one for a very brief period. Its like torture for your butt.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Are you sure that is not a stock tank with the chrome bezel removed?

I would love to do the fat forks kit on the bike, but that would mean loosing all the accessories I have on the front of the bike so probably won't happen

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Its stock, by custom I mean you can't buy it. It's been smoothed, stretched, custom filler cap welded in, and had a lot of body work done to it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
That guy looks sooo uncomfortable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link Meanstreaker.
It looks like he removed all the electronics (gauges, turn signals, etc.) and just has his head and tail lights.
Running out of gas would be my main concern.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Anyone care to guess my major complaint about that bike? Can ya??? ;)

He needs to paint the lower engine cover! It looks like it's still in the gelcoat that L&M ships it in!! Get that blacked out to match, paint the shaft cover, and it'll look better. :)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
meanstreak

I have some of those pics in my bike folder, but looking at those again makes it clear to me the stock tail light looks like a big pimple.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It looks badass but it can't be comfortable. That riding position is pretty awkward. He needs to put risers back on...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It looks badass but it can't be comfortable. That riding position is pretty awkward. He needs to put risers back on...
Been thinking about that, and you know what I think would actually look and feel better with this one? Moving the pegs/controls BACK. If somehow they were more rocket-bike mounted towards the rear of the engine, kinda like a drag bike, it would cant the rider forward enough that the bars would work decently enough and the whole bike would look/feel better. Atleast in my head anyway.... :)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
If you moved the pegs back you might as well put clip-ons on it. I have a bike build that I have been wanting to start with that theme in mind. Be great for bar hoppin.:agree: Uh I mean ridin around town.:laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts