RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
There's a Cruiser Corner on this web site??:dunno: Who knew.
I clicked on this post because I didn't know what a drifter was..Indian?
If so Nice! I hate to see anyone fail but man they are going to have a hard time with their prices. What year is yours?
Gary

·
West Coast Moderator
12,994 Posts

·
West Coast Moderator
12,994 Posts
....those fender skirts have gotten a few people...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is a 1500.....the 800 was an after thought

1996 after Indian went down again...The SUPER CHIEF was made and put in show. Kawasaki liked it so well that in 1999 they put 10,000 in production.

Mine is number 290

some dealers left the drifter logo on the tank some put the Chief Headress on it..this particular dealer put the "INDIAN" logo on it

I call it my "Half Breed"

Indian style fenders, tank seat, handle bars, shock placement, Headlights, tail lights.

The Kawasaki 90 cu. in. engine, Twin V, single pin crank, (exclusive in the '99), shaft drive, and fuel injection give it maximum performance and dependabilty.

If you have never been on the Drifter 1500....Give it a roll...You will be surprised and pleased:alcy:

·
Registered
10,328 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got an original '99 1500 model which has been one of the most dependable motorcycles I have ever owned. Only thing I've ever replaced is a speedo cable and that's because I neglected to lube it. I lube it twice a year with Dri-Slide and no more problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts