RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't resist and stopped by the Yamaha dealer to check out the FZ-1. They had 3 of them in Black, Blue, and Silver. Priced at $8400 :eek: I must admit it is one comfey bike, fits me great. It is at the top of my "next bike" list. But this list changes often too. If they would only put the ZX-9 engine in a ZR-7 style body and NOT de-tune the hell out of it......oooohhh I feel the credit card heating up just thinking about it!!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a plan Jarel!!! Think another mass e-mail mission could get the job done???? :laugh: I'll pre order one NOW!!!!

I think that a re-vamp of the ZRX to squash the FZ1 would be cool. I HATE the paint jobs on the ZRX and it's a little to retro for my taste too.

Chris

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Round here we have a lot of motorbike courier/dispatch riders.

With 4 seasons in one day, and tram lines, they all hit the deck eventually. Hence we have a lot of "naked" sports bikes running around sans (damaged) fairings. They get turned into streetfighters.

Having seen a blue ZX-9 with high rise bars, round headlight and no fairing I have to say it looks pretty cool. The rear end is the same as the ZR-7 and the exposed alloy frame looked ace. No effort was made to tidy up around the engine tho' ( this is a working bike ).

Kawasaki might not officially make it but as long as it rains there will be a few naked ZX-9 running around Melbourne.

:)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Street Fighter

Street Fighters are starting to get more popularity here in the States.. In order to get parts you often have to deal with European companies or their distributors. This means 3-4 weeks lag time on parts, but well worth it once they come in.

I'm a huge fan of the Street Fighter style :D
The ZR-7s started it and now I'm making my FZ-1 a Street Fighter.

Let's her it for Naked Street bikes :~

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Netlore....

What kind of a setup does the FZ-1 have for adjusting the valve clearance??? Is it a shim and bucket like the ZR-7???

Or could it possiablly be a little trap door like my wife's 600cc Shadow??? Damn thing is SOOOO easy to do. Hardest part is getting the air box and hoses off. Kind of like pulling a cat through a keyhole :cool:

Chris

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
25K!!!!...WOW!!!

That FZ-1 is looking better and better every day!!! Now I just have to convince my wife to let me spend the $$$. But the magic 8 ball keeps saying "outlook not so good". That's ok because I use Eudora anyway :laugh:

No service manual yet?

Chris

N

·
0 Posts
I heard that in an attempt to beat out Honda, Yamaha is going to also join the Kawasaki-Suzuki alliance. They are planning to build something that is a cross between a Concours, FZ-1 and a SV650 called a YaKaZuki FVC969. Andy?

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
With all the bickering going on between the engineers at the new alliance, they have finally came to a consensus and built a prototype (the YaKaZuki FVC969). The picture below is only a rough prototype, and they have yet to work out many problems... :D

Andy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts