RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a SE Ohio ride on Veteran's Day for the last few years, and I'm planning to do it again this year. Last year I started "charging" $5 per rider to donate to a Veteran's organization, but unfortunately I was the only rider who attended my ride last year. :sadpace: Still, I donated my $5 to a veteran who was collecting donations at one of my rest stops.

This year's ride will be on Veteran's Day, Thursday, 11/11/10. We'll likely meet in Zanesville between 10 and 11 a.m. that morning, and take OH 555 south to OH 7. After that, who knows.

Anyone interested? :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
This would be a great opportunity to get acquainted with my new to me 2010 Z1000 , and do some good for our veterans. Let me see if I can get this day off of work.

If i can, and weather cooperates, count me in.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Well. Got the new chain and sprockets on last weekend. Pretty easy but I did mess up pressing the master link sooo. Bought a new master link and a clip style master link as a backup. Round 2 tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Curious...

Well. Got the new chain and sprockets on last weekend. Pretty easy but I did mess up pressing the master link sooo. Bought a new master link and a clip style master link as a backup. Round 2 tomorrow!!!
Siege.... out of curiosity, how many miles on your chain when you replaced?
I think I went just over 32,000 on my first one. And my second one is showing signs of wear and will need attention soon....

·
Registered
645 Posts
Only 19,000 on my first chain. I didn't lube it nearly as frequently as I should have. Also apparently kept it too tight.

DIY chain and sprockets was actually pretty easy once I watched a few you tube vids.

Well. Don't think I'm going to make it for an all day ride tomorrow. Too many things I need to get done. Be carefull if you end up going Tim. Have a safe and fun ride!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not much response on the forums I'm on, so it'll be a solo ride today. And instead of SE OH, I think I'm gonna hit western PA and the Allegheny Natl. Forest. It's been a couple years since I've been there, and I'm a little rusty since I haven't been riding much lately, so I'll leave the tough SE OH twisties alone today.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't make it to the Forest after all. Stopped for lunch in Greenville, PA, then decided to head back home and finish the afternoon rabbit hunting instead. (And didn't see even one!)

Anyway, I still had a nice short 120-mile ride, and am hoping for at least a couple more days of terrific weather. If we get weather like we've had over the last week, I'll take a day off and do a real ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts